Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts
Thanks that helps, somewhat

You might want to take a look on frightprops.com . they have a lot of helpful info there and the sell several "kits" that include everything you need to start out. Might be a good way to go to get your feet wet in it. ;)

I have bought stuff from them before and they have always been good to deal with.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I agree, take a look at frightprops.com. Ordering a kit will give you the basc understanding of how pneumatics work. I believe you will need to order the cylinder mounting hardware seperatley from the kits.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Go with frightprops they take the guesswork out of everthing with a kit. Once you start doing this you will not stop. You also will be shocked on how easy it really is. Aside from mounting the prop to the armature it really isn't that hard to figure out. Last year I started using pneumatics with a pop up barrel zombie. This year I added 3 more pneumatics (Reaper Creeper(poisonprops), trashing siren, and jumping/spitting spider). I'll post some videos when they are finished.

My suggestion is to dive right in.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,454 Posts
Hi, i dont have any experience with pneumatics, any help with a trash can trauma prop? All help is welcome. thanks, Matt

If you don't have any or very little experience with pneumatics , the first thing I would suggest ,would be read this http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/77731-beginners-guide-props-pneumatics.html

It is a very good starting point and very informative if you have little or no experience with pneumatic props. The other thing that I would recommend would to only use parts that are designed to be used with air. No pvc, sprinkler valves, door closers, etc. They are not made for this use and can cause problems in a hurry. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Im only 14 and don't have a job, any cheaper ideas?
Go and take a look at Terror Syndicates stuff. They made a lot of props using storm door closers and PVC and used old dishwasher solenoids to activate the props. I still have a prop around here someplace that is PVC and dishwasher parts. The have prop book available that you might want to purchase that have some nice ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts