Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I still have to plumb the pneumatics, I have otherwise finished our pneumatic Grave Popper for this year's display. A much bigger investment of time than I had originally planned, but I think it will be worth the time spent on it.

20160903_182647.jpg

20160903_182711.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is inspiring!

May I suggest ... Hold down the lid and ghoul with weak magnets at the opposite end from the hinges. Add a stout spring to the end of the air ram. Air pressure will build up in the mechanism stretching the spring until it overrides the magnetic grip, and the lid will pop open suddenly, even though the air cylinder is extending more slowly.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That is inspiring!

May I suggest ... Hold down the lid and ghoul with weak magnets at the opposite end from the hinges. Add a stout spring to the end of the air ram. Air pressure will build up in the mechanism stretching the spring until it overrides the magnetic grip, and the lid will pop open suddenly, even though the air cylinder is extending more slowly.
I have a feeling no magnets will be necessary! Great Job Slanks, can't wait to see it in action!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Holy Moly Slanks! I just watched your video from last year's display, UNFREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!
I have got to make it out to Carol Stream this year, when is opening night?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Hey Slanks,
Are you gonna be 100% on Saturday the 8th? I wanna drive out but only if you're complete. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J-Man, We are never "Complete." There is always some tweaking / repair / detailing going on all the way through Halloween, but we will be as close as we ever are to complete on Saturday. If you shoot me your email address via a PM, I can send you a list of other Haunts / displays in the area you might want to hit.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
For those of you in the northern Illinois area, or even within 100 miles of Carol Stream IL, slanks' display is WELL worth the trip! My wife and I were there last night and it was AWESOME! Without a doubt one of the best displays you'll see anywhere. Check it out!
FANTASTIC JOB SLANKS!!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Actually we did chat for a few minutes, we met your wife and your dog! Have a great rest of the season!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts