Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started my hunt for my costume for this year. We are going to be the Addams Family. My husband has already pretty much got his costume just from thrift shopping today. But I am going to have a hard time I think finding a Morticia costume that isn't crazy expensive and is my size. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
Have you tried Etsy? Or maybe get someone local to make you one? It might be worth it to get something that fits YOU exactly & not some generic version of yousortakindamaybeifIdidn'thaveabuttorboobs.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Etsy? Or maybe get someone local to make you one? It might be worth it to get something that fits YOU exactly & not some generic version of yousortakindamaybeifIdidn'thaveabuttorboobs.
Yea I think that getting it done either one of those ways is going to cost way more than what I can afford to pay for something I will only wear once or twice. I think I am going to try to get a dress and alter it like this.

0ad078c64c13f5183314d23473534bc2.jpg

so probably a velvety dress between knee and ankle length and just cut it and add some lace in where I cut.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
Yea I think that getting it done either one of those ways is going to cost way more than what I can afford to pay for something I will only wear once or twice. I think I am going to try to get a dress and alter it like this.

View attachment 408138

so probably a velvety dress between knee and ankle length and just cut it and add some lace in where I cut.
FWIW, I bought a plus sized witch costume off of Amazon. It fits pretty well & it wasn't super expensive. It wasn't too shabby but not the high quality stuff either. It worked for the few hours I wore it. I felt the same way, I wasn't going to spend a ton of money on something I'd wear once a year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
Here's a sorceress costume I thought would work great for morticia and don't be thrown off for the purple. View attachment 409618

It comes in plus and regular sizes...

THAT dress is the EXACT dress I bought!!!

I really liked it & it fit pretty well.

For me, the wig is the worst part of a costume like that. I can deal with the dress, shoes, stockings, makeup, etc. but the wig, even with a wig cap, makes me crazy itchy.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not sure of your daughter's dress size, but how about a dress like this with a white dress shirt worn under it for the collar and the cuffs on Wednesday's dress? You could even sew on 3-4 white buttons down the front.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Girls-size-6-to-6X-black-Velour-long-sleeve-dress-retail-19-99-/302272963773?hash=item4660df64bd:g:4DkAAOSw~oFXOFwd

Here is another dress you could put a white dress shirt under and add a few white buttons on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kids-Plain-Long-Sleeve-Stretchy-A-Line-Skater-Girls-Swing-Dress-Top-5-13-Years-/262923284332?hash=item3d3772ef6c:g:iTkAAOSwmgJY44m9

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
This one's actually called Morticia. :D

Holy Clothing has a lot of different styles you can browse through, in lots of colors (black, of course, for Morticia), and lots of sizes. They're really great quality, and decently priced. I actually got my wedding dress from them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts