Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my yard haunt last year at 80% done, never had time to take one at full capacity. I would like for you all to tell me what you would add. I still have a lot of room, past the dummy in the tree I have an entire side yard to work with. I want to build a ton of more stuff for this year and would love to have more ideas from you all. Here is the video.

YouTube - Yard Haunt 80% done!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
First your lighting effects look really great. The only thing I could see making it a little better is fog and that's just because you have the great lighting. Other than that it's kind of hard to tell cause it's so dark but really man you did a great job.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, I appreciate the comments. Last year all my foggers went down but one, so I went out the day after halloween n got a couple for real cheap. I am also goin to buy a few more as well. I have a lot of more space with the side part of my yard that I really want to utilize this year. That's what I'm asking about, ideas for that part that would correlate with the video, but new and different/exciting props.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Definitely fog. Sounds like you'll be set with that this year though. Couldn't tell if you had many animated props...maybe if you could build some or buy some animated props?

Also it looked so cool, but the video seemed all over, slow down this year so when you share it'll be even more enjoyable :D Loved it though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Definitly needs a large crypt with a ghost and some large grave markers. Definitly looks good though and believe me it will fill up soon enough

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Looks great! How about a cemetery fence and some columns. And a chiller for your new fog machines. I, too, think an fcg and mausoleum would be great in the side yard.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I agree with everyone else, what you have looks really great.... the one thing I would add would be an element of surprise... motion... a ground breaker jumping out at the TOTs, Monster in a Box, Trap Door in a column, or something else that jumps out at them.... take them off guard as they are looking at all the detail, and really get them!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Awesome job! If you feel you need to add how about and FCG?? I did one last year and built a crypt to go with it, you could add that as well. I never had and FCG or crypt before I discovered this site and now its my favorite thing in the Haunt:) Cant wait to see this years pic of what you do. Good luck:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts