Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 soundtracks that I want to play through out my haunt. A thunder sound track and my graveyard sound track. I need to know the best way to send these tracks through some sort of mixer I guess and then through a PA system or powered amp. Not sure exactly how to go about doing this. I want to have control over the Volume or "level" of each track and then the master volume that is coming through the speakers. Hopefully this makes sense. I do have a small portable 4 channel recording studio that hopefully maybe I can use to send the tracks through as the mixer, but then I guess I still need a powered amp or PA system to send the mix through, in to either a powered amp or PA system. I was using two stereos last year with the speakers from each stereo sitting next to each other. One stereo and set of speakers for each soundtrack, but the sound quality wasnt that great and I would rather just have 1 centralized sound control. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you have a mixer then you have what you need. Send the output from the mixer to the stereo you used last year.

Alternatively, you can mix the tracks together with Audacity into one mp3. Burn to disc if desired. You would have to set the sound level prior to mixing them together and obviously you couldn't adjust the loudness of one vs the other later.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts