Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, I have an idea and I need your expert help. I have a spare room in the front of my house with a window to the street. My idea is to hang a sheet over the window from the inside, and create a silouette of a body with a knife in it. Now, can I do this with a red light behind the subject and the image will show on the sheet and be able to see it from the street? I also will have my computer system playing sounds to aid in the effect. Please help me with ideas on this one.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't having any tips, but sounds like you have a pretty straight forward plan. Red light should work fine. The closer the light is to your cutout figure (cardboard or something) the bigger the image on the window will be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would use a bright white light from the inside, to cast the shadow as distinctly as possible. Outside, below the window, you could then use a red spotlight (stake in the ground w/ a red bulb) to cast the red glow over the window. The shadow outline from the red bulb (on the inside) may be too fuzzy to give a good outline or shape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be great if were just a flash now and then, so if your looking at just the right time, you would see it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts