Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly serious playing card issue...

Anyhow, that's a long story in and of itself. To the point. Stumbled on these last year. Now I have my finances together, had to go get them.

Known as the Tragic Royalty deck, they are designed to stand out.

And of course, the suicide king...

But what's more...they are blacklight reactive.

Could see this kind of thing useful in a number of sets and costumes.

Any other interesting cards out there?

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Love them!

My kids are big poker players. We just went to visit Saturday for a poker tournament and I took them four new decks of 100% plastic cards. They prefer them and don't like the plastic coated ones. I would love to have a deck of these just for Halloween.

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love them!

My kids are big poker players. We just went to visit Saturday for a poker tournament and I took them four new decks of 100% plastic cards. They prefer them and don't like the plastic coated ones. I would love to have a deck of these just for Halloween.
Don't think I've ever played with all plastic. All paper, yes (replicas of some cards from the 1800s), but not all plastic.

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My hubby likes the all paper cards for poker.
Ironically, I got a bunch of paper decks learning to cheat at Faro. Tiger print and all.

Mom's a historical novelist and needed to learn, so we spent several weeks at a museum in Carson City where they had a Faro Table, and they let us run phony games.

Think they charged patrons a buck or two for a few hundred "$" worth of chips, and they could win prizes if they won big. After the first few days NO ONE was winning big. I got VERY good at rigging the deck...

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've got some ~10 year old Nightmare Before Xmas cards (two decks, in a metal collector's box). And some anime themed ones (Black Butler).

And of course, 3 tarot decks (Aquarian [the ones I use], Moon Garden [don't like this deck], and Halloween!). Not quite playing cards, but kinda? I did use them at Halloween one year...

Also, if you've never heard of Shanghai Rummy I'd be happy to share. It's fun, but sort of complicated and takes like 3 hours to play.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,347 Posts
I would LOVE to have this deck!! So Google will take me to a buying site? We have a serious poker tournament that's been going on for days at our house...'bout to teach the kids Hearts as well...these cards would make it more fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts