Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I built this a few years ago. I spent a few nights in it with friends and such. Now its time to go, but with a few hundred dollars in it I would like to be able to use it for Halloween. I have two more Halloween until I'm in college. So these last two years need to be the best ever. I want to build a full length walk through maze and haunted house. I'm thinking of using the front as a facade for my entrance. Do you guys have and ideas of what to do with this? I want to be able to tear it down after Halloween so I can store too.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If you need a house to be able to be easily knocked -down for storage, in my opinion , you will be better off to forget what you already have and build new , incorporating the knock-down features because if this was built normally, the edges of where your walls come together will not go back together smoothly nor easily and bugs and weather and rot will seep in.
If you can't afford to buy new, then circumstances will see you carefully tearing apart this one.
What are you going to do about the shingled roof though?
It should come off first so as not to create a hazard of it falling on someone after some walls are gone. Replacing the roof use metal corrugated steel this will be able to be worked much easier than fighting ripping , crumbling shingles because the metal can be screwed to a piece or two of plywood , making it easier to handle and store.
I built an elaborate ticket booth about the size of your shed and much thought as far as how things would/could fit together went into it, then I have yet to disassemble it.(Looks like "Work", even then)

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
How about using it as an undertaker's shack in a cemetery? Have an actor dressed up as a gravedigger periodically go in and out carrying a lantern and an old shovel.
You could use a fogger and fog chiller hidden behind or inside it to make ground fog for the cemetery. Have a coffin or two stacked next to it, or one leaning against the side of it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Actually I would use it FOR storage.I would love something like that in my yard to keep my cemetery fencing/columns in.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
How about using it as an undertaker's shack in a cemetery? Have an actor dressed up as a gravedigger periodically go in and out carrying a lantern and an old shovel.
You could use a fogger and fog chiller hidden behind or inside it to make ground fog for the cemetery. Have a coffin or two stacked next to it, or one leaning against the side of it.
I like the fogger and fog chiller idea. I was thinking that you could have scary sound FX and music coming out of it, as well as the fog. You can also get different scents for the fog.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I thought about a voodoo shack when I saw it. All the above would be great too. decisions decisions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts