Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm after some help please. How would I make a £1/$1 dollar shop plastic knife look more realistic? It is to go with a crazy chef outfit. I have the wrapped the plastic handle in a bandage which i am going to paint brown once the glue holding end of bandage is dry but what can i do with the blade to look less plasticy? it has "fake blood" on it but even this doesn't look real it looks a mess!

20150914_141944.jpg

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hmmm, well, if it were me, I'd probably paint the blade a bright metallic silver and coat it with a gloss sealer to make it look shiny.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,567 Posts
I use spray mount glue, and aluminum foil. Just have to be careful to keep the foil from wrinkling while putting it on, but if you smooth it on right, looks real. :)

Reactions: amylw1

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I've always liked the look of old, abused steel blades.
Here's a page with some images of what I'd suggest to do with this blade: Antique cleaver

Weather the blade - sponge various grey's, then lightly sponge thinned out brown and then some orange.
For the edge, choose an angled direction to brush (keep it consistent), and lightly brush silver paint in a narrow strip, to give the appearance of a quick sharpening (since only the edge of the blade would contact a stone or file, the polished metal would be thin and have striations running in the same direction).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts