Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help my halloween party is in 4 days and I cant find any plastic insects anywhere. I would love some lil spiders and roaches. I found some last year at a dollar store but this year nothing. Im in TEXAS so if anyone know who might sell them please share.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I've purchased insect toys from Michaels in the past. Bought spiders and such from Party City last year. Dollar Tree had snakes I bought. Also try CostPlus World Market if you have one in your area. And any other party store in your vicinity. We have Diddams in our area but I don't think they are in Texas. Also maybe a hobby store... Heck maybe Toys R Us, Target (toy area and party good area) would be possibilites.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I bought a very small bag of spider at Spirit for $5! They were way way way overpriced for only 40 mini spiders. They were in different colors and I did see a lot of other bags of different insects so I know they have them, I just think you can find the cheaper other places. I did see two big squishy spiders I loved at Target. They have the jell inside so they squish real nice.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Try Toys R Us. Also check to see if you have a Discovery Channel Store, or a Natural Wonders. They usually have some rubber insects, but I don't think either one has them cheap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im so surprised it has been so hard to find them. I went to the grocery store, they had tiny rats but thats it, also spider rings.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,078 Posts
Check a few different Dollar Trees if you have time. I've noticed that different locations have a huge difference in the stuff they carry.

I absolutely know that Party City carried lots of bugs LAST year, but I can't remember if I saw any this year.

If you have a store near you called "US TOY/Constructive Playthings" (I'm in Houston, TX and there is one near me...) they will have TONS of bugs... large ones, squishy ones, hyper realistic ones, goofy ones... I freaking love that place!

US TOY Carnival/Novelty Division website to see if they are anywhere near you.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
I ordered little spiders from Oriental Trading. I've seen roaches & flies at our local dollar store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you look in the toy section of the dollar tree? That's where they are at mine. You'd probably have better luck searching in toy sections than Halloween sections.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx for all your suggestions, i will start looking in the toy sections!! I have 3 more days and Im on a mission to find some bugs!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I feel your pain! I'm also in Texas and looked everywhere locally. Couldn't even find the roaches on oriental. They were on ebay but it wasn't that big of a deal this year but I do plan to buy them before next year. I can't tell you the amount of stores I've been to looking for fake bugs (all stores listed) Walmart had a very small bag of neon bugs for 2.00. Thats it! What is up with that this year???

BTW your av reminds me of my childhood because thats who everyone said I looked like from her role in Beetlejuice. lol

Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know what is up with this year!!! The sad thing is last year I bought so many bugs, and I guess after the party when I cleaned up I threw them all away. What was I thinking.

BTW your av reminds me of my childhood because thats who everyone said I looked like from her role in Beetlejuice. lol
He he I didnt know if anyone would recognize who it was, love her!!! I still love that move!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found some guys!!!!!! A big bag of icky bugs at walgreens for 2.99, strange I had already checked there. Maybe they got a shipment in. But anyways it was a steal I was so excited, just thought I'd share. I also bought a bag of spider rings I think I'll just cut the backing off and use them. Thanks guys for all your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts