Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about plastic corpsing, what is it, I've seen example of it on this site. How is it done?
Zoot

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
And if you don't like it or want to change the skeleton into something different next year, ten seconds with a pair of scissors and he's back to original condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone provide me with a link or something to purchase the shrink wrap needed to corpse jack o lanterns similar to the oak lane cemetery video. Apparently I’m using the wrong stuff or my heat gun doesn’t get to the right temperature. The plastic isn’t “adhering” to the pumpkin and just creates holes while trying to get it to the ribs of the pumpkin. I carved a bunch of pumpkins this year but wanted to corpse and it’s sucking.... any tips on the right stuff to buy would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just use plastic drop clothes from the painting aisle. Kind of wrap it around in multiple layers to get a little more texture.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use spray adhesive to get the plastic wrapping started. That sticks it to the skeltons I do. It would work just as well for pumpkins.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I tried this a few weeks ago following the instructions on that youtube video. I didn't like it. It just looked like a mess to me. Also the gel stain never really dried even a few days later. It wiped off when touched. I'm sure if I left it it would have dried eventually but I was still surprised it was taking so long. So I just cut the plastic away and washed off the stain.
I know I'm in the minority, everyone seems to really like the corpsing look (my wife thought it looked good) but I guess I just like the white bone look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear some people use leather gel stain. Either way you have to wait for it to dry. I used miniwax gel stain, with the light stain I needed three coats, took about a week to dry, I put that down to humid weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts