Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a techno novice and am planning to buy a USED projector to run Hallowindow or something similar in my front window of my home for Halloween. Any tips for what specs I should look for in the projector? Or things I should avoid? Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Look for something that has a 'lumens' rating of at least 900, prefarably something more closer to 2000 as brightness is a big part of the overall quality of the display. Second to lumens, try to find something that has at least 800x600 resolution (SVGA) or higher. Finally, look for one that has the connectors you'll want to connect your DVD player, laptop etc. Since you are going used, make sure you have a good bulb that has low hours something like 2000 hours or less if possible (there should be a menu showing the hours).

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I have a guy on freecycle who is willing to give me a projector but the lumens are only about 450. Is it worth getting to run it even if it's free?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a guy on freecycle who is willing to give me a projector but the lumens are only about 450. Is it worth getting to run it even if it's free?
What do you have to lose? Do it. You could always run some sort of ghost footage that should be out of focus anyway.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I purchased a used Sony PJ that only has about 450 lumens and was also concern. Being that the area that I project onto is very dark it worked out good. If you have a lot of light in this areas I don't think you will be happy with only 450.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts