Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just spent a great deal of time doing a reply, wrote a novel of a reply and lost it somehow before I had a chance to hit post reply, is there anywhere this might have stored itself??? If you know could you please let me know, thank-you for any help you can offer.:(:(

·
Banned
535 Posts
When that happens to me i just hit the back button to get back to that page and its still there. Even if i highlight it all and manage to erase it i go forward a page then back and it all comes back up

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
99% of all web sites use sessions or similar methods to keep track of users. It is always recommended on ALL web sites that if you expect to take more than a minute or two that you should use a word processor and cut&paste it into the site/forum.

One way to keep your session live on this forum is also to click "preview post" and/or "go advanced".

Also, some Internet service providers and web accelerators will cut off your connection and kill the connection early. Then when you come back, the ISP will attempt a different connection. This will cause loss of session/you may lose your stuff.

Hopefully this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts