1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,453 Posts
What did you use to control the jaw movement?I tried a Douglas Fir hack using a toy motor circuit and was not impressed with the movement. Yours looks very good and seems to have more power than the motors in the Douglas Fir.

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a Douglas fir tree. One of 20 I bought back in 1998. The jaw and skull are made of formed styrofoam so it's way light.
What did you use to control the jaw movement?I tried a Douglas Fir hack using a toy motor circuit and was not impressed with the movement. Yours looks very good and seems to have more power than the motors in the Douglas Fir.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Dougie Hacking

Nice one EB

That's the way Skultronix started......hmmmmmm

You should start your own company too.......maybe Aholenix???

At one time I had about fifteen Gemmy Douglas Firs with the audio input jacks, some are in pieces in my junk box still. Without the external jack you need a good audio motor control like a Scary Terry type, that old two transistor motor control circuit is pretty lame at best.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Nice job, Evil Bob!
I had contemplated hacking my Gemmy skull, but gave up thinking it's easier (and more reliable) to use a Lindberg skull + Scary Terry board (aka "Scary Terry Lindberg config.").

If this will be part of the pub sign, why not add some piratical drinking jokes?
A pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders some dirty rum.

The bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"

"Arrr..." says the pirate. "I've got a bounty on me head!"
Pirate Jokes :: Pirate humor for scurvy sea dogs, arr matey!

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol. The dougies are so reliable though. This thing is going outside.
Nice one EB

That's the way Skultronix started......hmmmmmm

You should start your own company too.......maybe Aholenix???

At one time I had about fifteen Gemmy Douglas Firs with the audio input jacks, some are in pieces in my junk box still. Without the external jack you need a good audio motor control like a Scary Terry type, that old two transistor motor control circuit is pretty lame at best.

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol that's funny. I've got a bunch of the Scary Terry circuit boards that I might use if this thing stops working.
Nice job, Evil Bob!
I had contemplated hacking my Gemmy skull, but gave up thinking it's easier (and more reliable) to use a Lindberg skull + Scary Terry board (aka "Scary Terry Lindberg config.").

If this will be part of the pub sign, why not add some piratical drinking jokes?

Pirate Jokes :: Pirate humor for scurvy sea dogs, arr matey!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts