Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
As some of you may know, the campground that I go to has a Halloween weekend in August. This just happens to be next saturday (6 days from now!!).
After much thought I finaly decided that this year I wanted to do a theme for the display and as you have probably guessed by now, its going to be Pirates!
I'm going to use this thread to show you some of the things I'm making the display. Also, being the procrastinator that I am, I only started working on my stuff yesterday. Too bad I didn't already have alot of pirate props. Oh well.

So...I plan on making a frame of a ship out of lumber and covered in a tarp painted like wood, with a skeleton pirate at the wheel being turned by a reindeer motor. I also plan on making a mast with a crows nest and pirate in there with a binocular. In addition to the boat there will be the allusion that it is docked at an island where a witch or voodoo woman lives. For that part of the scene I will have my stiring witch prop in a small shack (maybe if I have time) with potions, body parts ect. Arround the shack will be a small cemetery with coffin, tombstones and such. Also making a small gallow with haging skeleton and sign warning pirates.

So far I have a few pics of some of the new stuff. I have so much other Halloween stuff that I'm improvising with some props, like using my Dr. Shivers a Davy Jones.

Heres some pictures of my new sign and Dr. Shivers as Davy Jones!
Any suggestions on others props or things I could use in the display?

Thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
That looks great! A few skellies with pirate hats always works. Booty chests, barrels, maybe a PVC pipe cannon. Raise a few sails from tattered bed sheets tied to your camper, trees, poles, etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres some pics of more progress. I also have made a ships wheel, pics tomorow hopefully.

So it the first pic is my Black Pearl sign. Carved out wood with a set of orange lights inside that make it glow very eerie. I've painted it black since the pic was done. Hopefully pics tomorow of the glowing sign.

Next up are pics of my ghost doll. Thought she might go well with my voodoo witch's lair. I wanted to make it look like the doll had been crying.

Hopefully tomorow I will have my gallows done and a new cannon with fog machine inside!
Let the madness begin. I'm so psyched, I'm waking up in the middle of the night with ideas in my head. So of course I have to have a pen and paper by my bed to write them down or else I will forget! lol!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha...evilmanor, they are on backwards. I thought it was just the angle of the picture. But when I went and checked, sure enough they were on the wrong foot. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts