Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Ahoy IMU! Welcome aboard Halloween Forum and loving your pirate vessel! After your video played (nicely put together slide show btw) I saw photos of the build. Very creative. As I was watching the video I kept wondering if this was part of your house or not, so the photos of the construction phase was interesting as well to see. Love your captain's quarters with the doors and window in particular. Really captured the look and feel.

Can you tell us how long it took to build...and curious dimension-wise how large it was? Beautiful ship detailing. Thanks for sharing your haunt with us. Will you be doing Pirates again this year?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahoy IMU! Welcome aboard Halloween Forum and loving your pirate vessel! After your video played (nicely put together slide show btw) I saw photos of the build. Very creative. As I was watching the video I kept wondering if this was part of your house or not, so the photos of the construction phase was interesting as well to see. Love your captain's quarters with the doors and window in particular. Really captured the look and feel.

Can you tell us how long it took to build...and curious dimension-wise how large it was? Beautiful ship detailing. Thanks for sharing your haunt with us. Will you be doing Pirates again this year?
Thanks for the kind words.

No, it isn't part of the house or garden. It was built in that spot because it was the flatest area in the yard. I started the build in my garage but it quickly got too large to stay.

It took approximately 3 months to build (mostly weekends). I didn't work on it every day because I didn't have a set design when I started and just made things up as I went. Since it had to be moved and stored, I had to make it so it broke down in sections. It is still very heavy, but 2 can move it with a movers dolly. It's about 8 feet tall, 7 feet wide and 9 feet long.

We always do a pirate display so we'll be doing them again this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts