Moved to a new home giving me the excuse to add to my pirate skeleton collection. Seeing we are new to the neighborhood I didn't want to scare off all my neighbors the first year. Good news, they were well received opening the flood gates for new ideas next year. Enjoy the images.
To help support the Bucky skeleton while deciding on our poses, we first created a stand out of electrical conduit with a pulley & cable assembly to raise & lower the skeleton into position to give support while standing. This helped free up our hands to be able to create the support structure needed to make the skeleton stand freely.
We started by determining the location for floor flanges and began supporting the lower legs by using conduit to mimic the pose, attaching it to the back of bones with zip-ties. (Keeping mind to hide as much to the conduit as possible). Some blending of the conduit was needed with the use of a conduit bender to fit the pose. Once the legs where stable, we worked our way up the skeleton following the same procedures. As we reached the tail bone, a tee compression fitting was used to join the lower leg structure with the spine. To support the arms, metal rods where used in the same matter as the conduit process attaching with zip-ties. Once the support structure was completed, the skeleton was removed from the stand to test for stability. If any joints where unstable, additional brackets made out of metal stripes to strengthen that joint. To create a knee joint, one end of the upper & lower adjoining conduits where flatten with a hole drilled through both flat surfaces, joining them with a nut & bolt. We found this step helps give the structure a little bit of play when creating the joint. Hope this answers any questions.