Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally finished with my pirate project. I had my first Halloween Party last weekend and the guests were blown away. I had the intro music to the Pirate's of the Caribbean Ride playing as you walked up, smoke firing through the cannon, and a waterfall behind the ship. (The sideways picture is of the waterfall I built) Thought I would share a few pictures with everyone.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s331/blakpirate/PICT0359.jpg

[/IMG]

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
The black pirate,

You did a great job! What did you do to make the cannon fire? Do you have more pics of it?

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Wow ! this was and excellent set up....did you build the ship and treasure chest yourself?
And I am blown away by the details....like the sand, the trinkets in the chest.....well just everything. Very nice. I know that your guest had to be impressed....I am just by the pics.
With live music, fog and booming cannons. Oh hell yes, way to start a party !
Figured this post would have alot more pages when I got to the end of page one.......well I am catching up where I left off and going back over the old stuff....so here's a little bump ...
everything old is new again ! LOL !

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
OK, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to want to build a pond for my haunt (was going to be part of my swamp scene), but you actually did it! I'm impressed. Looks like you tackled it in a similar fashion as I considered. I also looked at those garden shop waterfall/fish pond forms that they sell. Thought with the low-lying fog I was planning on using in the swamp maybe I wouldn't need more than a few troughs along the ToT pathway to create the effect of the water in the swamp. So tell me more about your plan and the plus' and minus' of it. What kind of liner did you use? How did it hold up?

BTW I'm blown away by the amount of detail you put into everything. Really nice job. Including the waterfall. That's more than I would tackle for sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your compliments!! I shopped around for pond liners and it was just too much money to spend. I went to Home Depot and picked up a role of black 6mm poly sheeting. It was about $50 for 100 feet. I also purchased a pump for $60. I made the water fall out of 2x4’s, metal wire cloth, paper mache, monster mud, and waterproofing spray. I used 2 plastic dustpans for the water to flow through and over the wall. I then dug out a whole 10’ by 15’ to create the pond, framed it with 2x4’s, and then laid out the plastic. I filled the pond with water and then stapled the plastic to the 2 x 4’s. I had to drain and redo the plastic as the ground was not level and the water flowed to one side. Next year I want to build a pond 3 times the size to create a full size pirate ship instead of ½ a ship.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts