Halloween Forum banner

Pirate theme sound file

487 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  HalloweenBob
So we are doing a pirate theme this year and I am going big and making a ship. I have looked everywhere for a good sound file of a Pirate Captain doing a monologue and cant find anything but those from the Pirates of the Carribean. If anyone has a good monologue they have done and would like to share I would be very grateful.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Gemmy used to have a inflatable years ago that was a pirate ship that played an audio track. It wouldn't be that scary but it might work because, im sure its on youtube. They also made some different pirate props that have some cool audio!.

· Registered
123 Posts
I’d second the Nox Arcana suggestion. Great music. Also if you search YouTube for pirate sea shanties there are several good selections.

in terms of monologues, I’d advise the DIY approach. YouTube again to the rescue with “how to talk like a pirate” and “how to talk like jack sparrow”. Personally, I told a bunch of pirate themed dad jokes in my best/worst pirate accent.

Why did the pirate go to the Apple Store?
— He needed a new I-patch. Arrrrr…..

· Registered
40 Posts
in terms of monologues, I’d advise the DIY approach. YouTube again to the rescue with “how to talk like a pirate” and “how to talk like jack sparrow”. Personally, I told a bunch of pirate themed dad jokes in my best/worst pirate accent.
I love this idea! Most everyone can do a passable pirate voice and how cool will it be that it’s YOUR voice in your haunt?!

· Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’d second the Nox Arcana suggestion. Great music. Also if you search YouTube for pirate sea shanties there are several good selections.

Why did the pirate go to the Apple Store?
— He needed a new I-patch. Arrrrr…..
I actually like this idea.......guess that is my route.

· Registered
1,234 Posts
I've done a couple for customers of my skulls. I wrote a short script and did the voice and programming for the skull and another customer requested a longer version and wrote the dialog for it based on the short one , but extended. Both customers sent me videos of the routines showing the props they built to set the scene. The videos I am posting were shot by the customers and sent to me. These are from 2 different customers.

Pirate (Short Version)

Pirate (Long Version - some cut off at the beginning)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts