Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely bride stenciled up some pirate "Booty" treat bags. I used her stencils to add a bit of flair to some of my other props. I took an old beer stein and painted it over with flat red primer. I then added a skull & crossbones stencil to the front of it:

I was given a small wooden chest as a retirement gift (They knew about my Halloween pirate theme). I added a couple of small chains to hold the lid in an open position, a couple of handles and a skull & crossbones stencil to the lid. I have have the chest in my boat wreck scene:

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It sure was a lot of fun making all the props for my set up:D!

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for all the kind comments. I really had a blast putting together my set up. I am in the process of taking down all my Christmas decorations now (Nothing on the scale of my Halloween set up!) and now I can get back to "Fine tuning" my Halloween props.

My plans are to make my cannons shoot out smoke, animate the ship's wheel and get music/sound effects piped outside:D!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I remember the bags. You will have to tell your wife they inspired me. I do not have a Pirate them so I wont call mine booty bags but I got some Halloween stencils and will be making grab bags for next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts