Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy ye Lubbers & Lovers o' the Sea!

In the category of better late than never, i finally got pix of my first Shipwreck. Working with a budget of $50 my best friend and I were able to create a nice little wreck. Our small front yard (with HUGE tree in middle) made for some challenges but we like to joke that our pirates were all true and blind as good pirates should be thus they didn't notice the land till they crashed into the trees, lol.

As y'all know, it looks much better at night with red nets and spots and fog. The sails have white mini lights strung through them that are hooked up to the fader so at night, through the fog, you see the sails slowly appear and grow to full brightness, illuminating the captain and deck, and then slowly fade to black. Very spooky=)

Many thanks to all the posters who gave us much inspiration and encouragement!

Happy Haunting all

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Wow, that is nice work you did there!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
wow. just wow.

Great job on your display, and your budget was only $50. Hope to see some night shots :)
LOL. I spent nearly double that on my party last Saturday, the 25th...pix coming soon (I hope)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the kind comments. I am not a good photographer and don't hold much hope for night shots, but i will try this eve, All Hallows=)

Best would be if i knew how to post video because then you get the full fade effect which is my fave part!

And it's not actually a pool noodle (but what a great idea!) it's pvc pipe insulation, very old and weathered, that someone donated to my cause. Nearly everything we used -- from the wooden decking and boxes to the 4" pvc pipe to the pallets -- was scrounged for free.

Half the budget went to the one groundbreaker -- rest to rope, stain, 1 skull and misc. odds and ends we needed like tape.

The pvc pipe was amazingly easy to paint and we got some awesome wood effects in very little time considering we had to do over 200'

Happy Hallows to all and to all a Frightful Night!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts