Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my attempt at a static pirate prop. I bought the skeleton dog from Grandin Road this year and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm still playing with different lighting arrangements. I also have a projection video playing in the window on the other side of the house with a pirate flag. (no pics of the projection. yet.)

And a night shot.

Skeleton dog.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You did a great job! Looks awesome. You mentioned you have projection of a pirate flag. One other idea...Spectral Illusions has a Pirate Skeleton steering a ship in a storm projection that is very similar to the POC ride scene. That might also go great with your setup.

Here is the link http://www.spectralillusions.com/effects/accursed-helmsman

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
This really came out great! Nice detail and the lighting is spot on. Nice work!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, this is awesome. The attention to detail is amazing. It reminds me of the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean!

I'm trying to convince my dad to add in a pirate scene, but he's a grump lol.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I'm a pirate fan too and really love what you created. The stone work looks great and I like how you incorporated it into your porch posts. Dog looks like Sasha. She's a great dog and perfect for the scene. Kind of friendly and playful, not mean.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It wouldn't be too hard or very expensive to get them talking next year with the cheaper version of talking skulls like I did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts