Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I am hosting a pirate-themed party. Has anyone done one before? I read somewhere in a post that someone made a game with pirate names. Each guest is given a name and if you don't call them by that name you have to take a shot of rum or something like that. So I thought that would be cool. Maybe the tempt your fate game? I'm not sure how I would make that related to pirates though. So anything you can recommend for games would be really appreciated. I also need to know about food. I was thinking shrimp, but what else?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check out this awesome website for loads of inspiration and goodies Dead Men Tell No Tales -- The Worlds Largest Purveyor of Pirate Loot
Great food would be coconut shrimp, kabobs, turkey legs (or chicken wings to make things a little less messy) For dessert you could have key lime pie (for the scurvy of course) and rum cake. This little jewel would make a great centerpiece:

And it could be pretty simple, just use a bread pan instead of a cake pan, ice it with chocolate frosting, cut the top off and throw some chocolate coins inside.
A treasure hunt would be sure to be a hit, and give it a creepy twist. Have them find a severed head or a mummified bat. Several of the Targets I've been to have had a cool little pirate pinata. It's kinda like this but cuter:
Pirate Piñata : Target
They also had some pirate accessories, like eye patches that would be cool to leave around for guests to try on.
I also always try to find some fake tattoos for most parties. Of course they're a hit with the kids, but the adults go crazy over them too. I think it would fit in perfectly for your party if you could find some related ones. Try Walgreens. Sometimes they have packs of themed tattoos.
Sounds like you're gona have a great party, enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts