Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of my garage I have a pirate room going on. At this time I have a black light which is actually an extension from anoter room. Then I have purple lights hanging overhead. I will have a large blacklight spotlight overhead. Then in the corner I have a coffing with purple lights on the inised. In this corner it is too dark you cant see any of my props. I need more lights here any suggestions. More purple lights, orange lights, white lights, red lights or any other lights that you may think of that will give me some light for our victims to see the props.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Fot my POTC display, I used mostly green flood lights. I do have a single blue flood light behind the bow of my ship along with a white strobe light. I also have several tiki torches along the walk way coming up to the front door, a few around the boat wreck scene and a couple on the deck of my ship:

·
Registered
180 Posts
For some appropriate lighting ambiance, that doubles as a prop, think of adding hurricane lanterns with a colorful tint to them

Old lanterns can be found at thrift stores and then sprayed with a colored translucent paint on the inside of the glass to get them to match the colors of your haunt.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I've found a neat theater trick online. I took a baking pan and covered it in aluminium foil, shiny side up. (you could also use a mirror) Then I put a thin layer of water in the pan.

I set the pan in front of my pirate ship bow and pointed a blue flood light on it. It creates a water wave effect to reflect on the ship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts