Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my pirate haunt so far. Need to add the audio to my talking skeletons and parrot and to my drinking pirate out in the yard, but overall I'm happy with the results. The blue LED lights always look really harsh in the video, but I think I need to make some adjustments on them regardless. My ship and "half" pirate were inspired by dirtTroll on here. I took his idea of the shiatsu controlled pirate and made both his arms move when sound was fed to the sound fx box (this needs to be hooked up too). You see him move slightly when the cannon fires because the sound fx box has a microphone that is utilized when no audio is plugged in. If I get time, I want to add some more details to the ship. Looking for constructive criticism.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow that is really well done. I also love the treasure burying pirate. The lights added a surprising amount of mood to the scenes. Great job.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looking very nice. All the great pirate elements. Is there a ships helm on board? Ive been liking the look of seaweed also. Very easy to make with dollar store garbage bags and some paint.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yah that would be cool. With a fan blowing his tattered clothes and a thunder lightning effect going on. I always wanted to do one with my Firefly controller and my ships helm.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks great! I hope to do the moving talking pirate like yours. Did you follow a tutorial or have one? I have my firefly lightning machine a can use for it. Which did you use?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
0E55DA39-2EB5-4610-89ED-11EE4C56B2F2.jpg Thanks! I took DirtTrolls idea and changed it a little bit in that I made both arms move. I used a shiatsu massager and removed all the extra plastic and the top cover. I removed the rubber covers over the 2 knobs that move around. I took skeleton arms and inserted 1/2” pvc and secured it with screws through the skeleton arms. I drilled holes at the ends of the pvc just large enough to snuggly fit over where the knobs were (metal posts now). You’ll need to figure out how you want the arms positioned before you drill the holes. I took old straps from an expired child car seat that I kept and wrapped them over the top of the pvc pipe and attached to the front and back of the shiatsu with screws. This basically restricts the movement and you can adjust this to your liking. If I remember, I’ll take more pictures when I dissembled everything. I then used a sound fx box (like the perfect storm) and plugged in the shiatsu to this and ran my audio into it via a splitter. There’s a knob on the sound fx box that allows you to adjust the sensitivity.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you get a chance to show a bit more from the backside I would appreciate it. I'm still confused on the he mechanical parts where the arm moves.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts