Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past year i wanted to add a easy ,cheap dock to my pirate yard haunt. so i gathered up 4 pallets,layed them end to end. i then cut six 4' post out of some scrap 4+4's. i notched the bottoms so they would fit snug against the side of the pallets. i screwed 3 post per side.added some eye bolts and threaded it with some thick rope i got a hardware store.i still wanted it to look swampy so i draped some camo netting over the sides . the netting came from a army cousin! for free! paid for 6 eyebolts,and rope.the rope was around $18. took me no time to throw this together. i guess i could have mounted it up off the ground,but it looked good as is.heres some day pics and a night pic. the thing is that you can make it as long as you want and any shape!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That looks great!

I'm building a boardwalk for my yard haunt this year and I'm going to use my old decking, but I never thought about the uprights. That looks fantastic!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love the look! I am doing a pirate's cemetary theme this year and might have to use your dock idea. Very creative use of existing materials. By the way, where did you get the great looking ship's anchor in the last photo? I am going crazy trying to find one for my cemetary... any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
sweet.....perfect to hide splishing water sound emitting speaker sunder!

...maybe with some soft blue/green light coming from underneath... awesome

·
Registered
165 Posts
Safety Note: The spaces between pallets pose a real problem for anyone wearing heels. Who wears heels to a haunt right? Well I found out one year when I did a similiar project making a "bridge" out of pallets. She almost fell on her face. Pit some narrow wood that fills in the gaps!

By the way, the use of the camo nets is great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts