Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get rolling on my animated pirates for this years Halloween display. I received my animated watchman from spiderhill and started some rough testing today. Still need to do all the clothing and put some weapons and bottles in their hands but was excited to share the start of some things for this year.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Excellent start Danski!

I was curious on what skull you were using and what method did you use on the planters/wine barrels?

Thanks,
PB

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent start Danski!

I was curious on what skull you were using and what method did you use on the planters/wine barrels?

Thanks,
PB
The skull was from audioservocontroller(great product) and the skeleton n the barrel/planter was done with a leering skeleton design with the mechanism in the bottom barrel mounted in the bottom of it and the long spine pipe running from the bottom barrel up through both planters in the back. Then it's hooked to the skeleton spine from there. If you would like pictures I can put some up tomorrow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the info. Danski.

I have seen those skulls and wondered how well they worked......looks like very well.

One the planters, I was curious how you connected the top inverted one to the bottom one? I have been thinking of doing this and being plastic, didn't know how well it would hold up long term.

PB

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Danski.

I have seen those skulls and wondered how well they worked......looks like very well.

One the planters, I was curious how you connected the top inverted one to the bottom one? I have been thinking of doing this and being plastic, didn't know how well it would hold up long term.

PB
I didn't connect them. Just placed one on top of the other. That way I can store then inside of each other. Those skulls are the best I have seen and the price makes it twice as nice. Compared to others I am very glad I purchased this one. Hoping to save enough for another one soon.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,779 Posts
Dan, looks like you are off to a great start. Don't be afraid to adjust the size of the Watchman kit if need be. No harm in making him shorter or narrower to suite your pirate. Looking forward to seeing the finished prop!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan, looks like you are off to a great start. Don't be afraid to adjust the size of the Watchman kit if need be. No harm in making him shorter or narrower to suite your pirate. Looking forward to seeing the finished prop!
Yup. Just need to get some hands and feet in so I can get a better idea of how much I may need to cut. Thanks for offering up a quality product. Between two great vendors on this site my visions can start to come to life.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great. Out of curiosity where did you get the audio?
Did that myself. I'm working on a new version. Found some small bits Of audio and put them together. I think it's close to a couple minutes of audio all together.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a second test with some new vocal tracks. Think this is the one I will use this year. Really love how the skull reacts with the whistling. Love the skull in general though. hope my wife will let me get another before Halloween. **fingers crossed**

·
Registered
566 Posts
Phantom Blue, these planters make great barrels. I have made several over the years. I connect them using plastic screen door strip. If you are interested below is a link to my website where I have a tutorial on how I do mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts