Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked with one of these PIRs?

It plugs into a Maestro controller. Nice and easy. The trouble is it keeps triggering. I placed it in a plastic box - keeps triggering. Put it in a 3 foot long plastic tube with the open end pointed up, keeps triggering. No one with in 30 feet - no one moving, it keeps triggering.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's not good. I bought two of the Maestro controllers, but haven't tried them with the PIR yet. If I have the same problem, I guess I'll have to try to hack a pressure mat from Harbor Freight. I only have one air prop in the garage. The rest are out in the yard.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr Dark - the maetros are great - I have 4 of them. Bought 2 last year and used prssure mats
as triggers worked fantastic.

this year bought 2 more and thought I'd try the PIRs - so far no luck

btw I agree - one can never have too many skulls

·
Registered
400 Posts
Unk, are you also having problems with the PIR's? Now I'm kinda sorry I spent the money if they don't work. What did you use for pressure mats?

LOL. Yeah, every time we're in Michael's, we pick up a couple more foam skulls (with coupon). You just never know when you're going to need a box of skulls!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr Dark

I tried the PIRs last night and they seemed to be on continous trigger. I'll work some more on them tonight.

If I can't make progress I'll contact Haunted Village for advice. I realy like the Maestros but $30 for the PIR was kinda steep and then if I can't make em work......

I've had the pressure mats for over 5 years so realy don't recall where I got them, which is too bad because I might need more if the PIRs cant be made to work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am having the same problem. I can use a manual trigger with no problem, but the PIR runs continuously. Brent from DC Props sent me the email below, along with the PDF on the controller. I have not tried anything since last week. Hopefully on Monday I will be able to get it to work.

Hey Phillip,

Sounds like the n/o and n/c settings got swapped. See the attached, it's
an easy fix. Test by unplugging the PIR, the prop should never start.

Cool dog huh? I hadn't seen it in person till yours arrived. We ordered 5
more to keep in stock (before the quality goes down).

Let me know if that resolves the issue

Brent

if you figure it out please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes when PIR is unplugged prop never triggers

so i tried reversing the n/o and n/c - didn't work
kept triggering but the prop worked in reverse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts