Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
I am started to work on my haunted house. I have numerous sound activated and “try me” props that I would like to switch to a PIR. I purchased a 5 pack of Onyehn PIR’s. My question is the PIR has 3 pins VIN,OUT,GRN and my “try me” talking head has only 2 wires, will the PIR work and if so how do I connect it.
Thanks,
Chugach

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the PIRs that I used I hooked up the 9 volt battery and put a meter on those 3 pin outs. Found the Ground & the Positive and used those for the prop. I kept the prop on the try me setting, which as you know when you press the 'try me' button it just closes the loop. When you hook it to the PIR that "closes" the loop when the PIR is triggered.

*A trick I found for the PIR connectors, I took some pin jumpers out of an old computer I had and used those to hold the wires on the PIR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JoBu2016, how do you know which wire coming from the prop is positive and negative? Do I need to take it apart and figure that out

·
Registered
47 Posts
VIN gets connected to the + 9f the power supply.
GND gets connected to the ground.
When the PIR is triggered it sends the input voltage to the OUT on the PIR.
I don't know the specifics of the PIR you are using but that's the general idea. Is there not instructions available for the one you bought?
Jman sells a kit for try me buttons called the try-me-trol that includes a PIR and everything you need.

·
Registered
259 Posts
youll probably have to twist the vin/out wires together. i believe my beam sensors have 4 wires and have to twist 2 together. ill double check that this evening. you should check the frightprops troubleshoot page, they might have what you are looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts