Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my PIRs in today and made a cable harness to connect it to my straub prop controller. I've been searching through the forums and see people use what looks like the toilet paper roll to narrow the beam, but avoiding multiple triggers seems to be a problem. It has potentiometers on the board to insert what it calls a delay time, but this is actually the amount of time that the lead will stay high. So in the end cranking up the time means the lead stays high and it just keeps triggering my controller.

What do people normally do to avoid multiple, back to back triggers of their props? I'm imagining I'm going to have to do a timer circuit that will act as a buffer between the PIR and the controller so the controller won't be bombarded with multiple trigger signals.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I made up what I called a "windowed" timer. Basically, it takes one input and provides a trigger output, and will refuse to send another trigger until a specific time has expired. That what you are looking for?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting the link Creepy. I threw my tackle box of electronics away a long time ago and now find myself keep wanting to reach for it. Going to swing by Radio Shack to grab a 555 chip and play around with something using a pot so I can easily adjust the delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts