Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make another partition to give more of a walkthrough feel to our display this year. I was having a hard time coming up with something and then I thought whats more steampunk then pipes for the steam. So I came up with the thought of a wall of pipes. I definitely wanted I-beam looking frames.

First I built some I-beams.
download.jpg

Then I gathered up all my available leftover pvc pipes.
download (9).jpg

Then I started fitting the pipes to see what I could come up with utilizing the pipe I had.
download (5).jpg
download (6).jpg
download (8).jpg
download (7).jpg
download (3).jpg

Then I disassembled the pipes and off to paint them.
download (2).jpg

Then reassembled the whole thing in place in the front yard.
download (4).jpg
download (1).jpg

Then I cut holes and cracks in the pipe for fog to pour out of from the pipes. I will shoot some video of post nig soon!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
that looks really cool, what type of fog juice are you using? a fast dissipating fog juice would be perfect for this. also, are you going to rust up those pipes like the boiler?

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that looks really cool, what type of fog juice are you using? a fast dissipating fog juice would be perfect for this. also, are you going to rust up those pipes like the boiler?
Thanks!! I'm using left over Target fog juice from a few years ago in the test runs. I have some froggy juice I'll use for the tot's. I was going to rust the pipes but I wanted contrast at night. So if I do anything to would be to add some brown wash aging technique.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts