Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, living here in lovely Phoenix AZ I've noticed over the years that the Pink insulation foam that is used for a quite a few different things is not in our Home Depot's or Lowes..... I lost a little bit of my soul saying that. yes, it's true, I can't find it down here. So my question is, especially to the locals, where is it?! we've decided to make some pretty awesome tombstones and such and there isn't pink foam to be had! if there isn't, what would be a great alternative? any help is awesome, thank you!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can use the white bead type styrofoam that has a foil lining on one side. Just remove the foil and carve away. The white stuff works pretty good.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,506 Posts
The pink foam and blue foam is the same thing, but the manufacturers are different and carried by different big box stores:

Owens Corning (pink) is carried by HomeDepot
http://www.homedepot.com/Building-M...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051
This is the 3/4 inch, which is all I usually can find in my location, but they make it in up to 3 inch thickness.

Dow (blue) is carried by Lowes
http://www.lowes.com/pd_14545-46086...1&currentURL=?Ntt=insulation+board&facetInfo=
3/4 inch thickness...

Both places carry the white bead type, and while it's a bit more difficult to carve than the above, it's still very good if for some reason your stores can't or won't get the blue/pink stuff.

·
Undead Handyman
557 Posts
Did you try clicking on the "Get Help" button on Lowes web site? As a last resort you could call Home Depot Customer Care at 1-800-553-3199 with the sku 104-863 and find out what they can do for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would avoid the white bead foam it's not going to give you the same effect as pink or blue and is a mess to work with.. I'd also check around with local suppliers such as insulation roofing siding suppliers they use the stuff daily.

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
The white beaded stuff is what my tombstones are made out of. They aren't going to give you that nice clean cut at the blue and pink stuff. But its available. Why not improvise adapt and overcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts