Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a source other than Home Depot/Lowes for pink or blue sheets (4' x 8')? I need 44 of those suckers for my haunt walls and with a $500 budget, that's just not happening. I've been keeping an eye out on Freecycle and Craigslist but no luck so far.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Here is a link to search for all Ownens Corning (the pink stuff) foam insulation distributors in your area, by zip code:

http://insulation.owenscorning.com/professionals/distributor-locator/

Some places are less expensive than HD and Lowes, and some are pricier.

The very cheapest I've ever seen 3/4 inch 4'x8' panels is $15.85 per sheet. For 44 sheets, that's $700 before tax. If you don't score on Craigslist, you may have to settle for fewer wall panels or a bigger budget.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was told by Home Depot AND Lowes that the WEST does not use them in home construction so they are discontinuing selling them in their stores but you can special order them. At what price, I don't know. I had just started making my own tombstones and then they go and stop selling it! Ridiculous!

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
I was told by Home Depot AND Lowes that the WEST does not use them in home construction so they are discontinuing selling them in their stores but you can special order them. At what price, I don't know. I had just started making my own tombstones and then they go and stop selling it! Ridiculous!
I looked into special-ordering a specific thickness through Home Depot.
You can do it, but you have to order an entire pallet: 128 sheets. Not at all cheap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Killer, it's usually not that they don't -want- to do it, but that the manufacturer won't ship anything less than a full bundle/pallet/"unit" and there's no point in a store ordering product that it doesn't have the space or the market to sell. Still...boo. Maybe there are some other local haunters in your area that you can team up with to place an order?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am not sure this will work for you... Get the white stuff from a foam dealer, it is rediculously cheap. Then maybe get some of the thin, blue or pink and glue them? Little more work, but it might allow you to make budget. I am actually working more and more with the white and if you use a hot wire on it, insteard of cutting it. It acutally works well and even makes a really good stone texture if you rough it up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it's walls you're making, maybe free pallets from CL will fit better with your budget.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I looked into special-ordering a specific thickness through Home Depot.
You can do it, but you have to order an entire pallet: 128 sheets. Not at all cheap.
i submitted a request last year to see if they could order some. The store manager called me two days later and said he looked into it and he thought they could sell the stuff in the store. He ordered the pallet and i had no minimum buy. He notified me when the pallet arrived and i purchased two sheets. I haven't seen if they put the rest of the pallet out, i may have to go ask some one in charge...

so if they tell you you have to buy the entire pallet, there may be a chance you can convince them it will sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts