Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pixs of some piller candles I made to put on The Pipe organ I'm building. Pipe Organ should be done this weekend. Will post photos of Pipe Organ on Monday. A BIG THANK YOU gos out to TERRA for her tutorial on the pvc candles. I did one extra thing. I mixed brown and black poster paint and made a good mud color. Then Painted it all over the candle and wiped it off with a wet paper towel. I think it gives the candles a great antique look.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea with the antique look! I'm doing up a bunch and although they look good once spray painted white they were lacking something. Now I know what to do! Thanks.
You bet I'm Glade I could Help! That's why I love this forum. I get help when needed ( which is a lot more then I would like to say ). I give help (not as much as I would like).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great!! Except that I now have ANOTHER project I wanna do!!!! I'm not sure 385 days will be enough to get everything done for next Halloween!!!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
omg - YES!! I just painted all mine the other night, as was so glad they were done, and looked good....but not RIGHT.

NOW I know!! *sigh* one more to do item on my list for this weekend!! LOL But they will look so much better after!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your welcome BevAnn. Glade I could help. I did the same thing painted my candles and thought to myself they needed a little more. So I threw some stain on them and @#$# the paint all came off. Live and learn. So that's when I went to water based poster paint.
Post some photos when your done I would love to take a look at them.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Love the twist you gave on the candles by antiquing them! Look great!

MsM

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the awesome remarks. Its nice to have a place like halloween forum to share or love "MADNESS" for halloween.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Love the antique look and effect the paint had on those.....still have a few laying around, about to try this one as well! Great job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts