Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last year I decided to redo all my fencing (it was starting to crack and break anyway) and I also want to redo my Pillars. They were very simple and I want to make sure the gate opens and closes easily without digging into the foam but I am a bit shy of ideas. I was hoping others may have ideas on how to re-furbish my old pillars...

GaTE.jpg

12108905_10204720106512891_4833718930990892941_n.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
besides wall anchors and hinges to swing from i wonder if your able to fine plastic wheels for the bottom of the gate just to assist in opening and from bottoming out on the grass where the possibility of the gate catching grass (if that whats troubling the opening atm) and causing a snag but besides a decen hinge to swing from and wheels of some sort cause you dont want the gate weighing the pillar down and causing the gate to work at an angle, you want to support it as much as possible which means having somthing assisting the gate up. idk if this will help or if this is even the kind of ideas you were looking for but thats what id do hah :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
as for the gate chipping away thast awsome the more weathered the better right? ha id look into how aged fences look and inhance what you have ! all props morph through the years my skeloton looked kinda funky too fresh i left the poor dude (purposely) outside for 2 months of this hot summer and wind and he looks so harggard the sun and sharp dust got to him and he looks wayyy more realistic but yea id give the fence some touch ups of that old fency look see how it comes out if not i seen people tie chains from pillar to pillar aswell

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i am hoping to build my first set of cemetery gate pillars for my graveyard theme this year so i am also looking forward to hearing what ideas people have , yours look great from the pictures , my problem is i have a tarmac driveway on a slope so have to individually make the posts fit the exact area where i am going to position them with different angles and cambers to look level once there done and not get them muddled else it just wont look or work right due to the varying angles on the ground level .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am hoping to build my first set of cemetery gate pillars for my graveyard theme this year so i am also looking forward to hearing what ideas people have , yours look great from the pictures , my problem is i have a tarmac driveway on a slope so have to individually make the posts fit the exact area where i am going to position them with different angles and cambers to look level once there done and not get them muddled else it just wont look or work right due to the varying angles on the ground level .
I have the same issue as my lawn is Not level but i think I will put in 4x4 pillars every 4-8 feet (depending on the slope) so I can adjust the height at the 4x4s

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sounds like a plan EveningKiss , i am still not 100% on one particular method yet apart from making every individual pillar or post as a one off each time , i was considering if i could make all of the posts or pillars the same and using some sort of metal plate with sliding connectors like nuts and bolts if i could make them all adjustable but be able to angle the camber to the desired position once each one is located in the right spot on the drive then just slide into upright position with adjustable fittings then tighten the nuts ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts