Halloween Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Ohhhhhh, I think I can already tell I'm not gonna like it as much as I did online. Luckily I have so many other skulls that it can just mingle in with the rest of them, but I just won't make it a centerpiece like I do with one or 2 of them. Bummer, I was really hoping for a "pretty" one :)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
View attachment 437129

I dont mind the rough spot so much as the sequins pattern on top of the head! Is it a bird ... is it an airplane....lol
LOL....I just got mine today and was thinking the same thing!

I don't mind the little rough patch on the top of the head, but I think what I don't really care for is the actual sequins, and I'm not a big fan of silver and gold mixed together....it's so 80's. I also don't like the big gemstone on the front, along with the circular silver piece to the right of it. And then the sequins themselves just seem a bit cheesy, or old school bedazzling. I think I may pull a few off and see what it looks like underneath (i.e. how much glue is left behind). I was just at Hobby Lobby getting some things for a project and I think they have much better selection of stones/beads that would look better. I do like the skull itself though, the sort of aged look it has, and the large pearl in the one socket. I also like that it has no bottom jaw. But all in all, I'm definitely gonna have to get out the glue gun for this one I think!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
BTW, I just called them because I had also ordered the witch cauldron mug and it arrived broken, and was on hold for 32 minutes! I was multitasking so that's why I ended up hanging on for so long, but I eventually hung up and just sent them an email. But really, over 30 minutes? Not impressed with their customer service.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So I went in to check out the skull but they didn't have it. I really want to make my own. For those of you that got it what do you think about making your own.? Supplies? Also what is it you don't like? I was thinking about using the skull bottle from Michaels. Ya know beauty is skin deep but ugly is to the bone idea.

My order came in and I'm in LOVE. I regretted not getting these last year and am glad I had the opportunity to get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got all four of the portraits last year. Has anyone ever been able to figure out who the artist is? I love them and would love to see their other works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
So I went in to check out the skull but they didn't have it. I really want to make my own. For those of you that got it what do you think about making your own.? Supplies? Also what is it you don't like? I was thinking about using the skull bottle from Michaels. Ya know beauty is skin deep but ugly is to the bone idea.

My order came in and I'm in LOVE. I regretted not getting these last year and am glad I had the opportunity to get them.
I bought the same portraits of the cat and frog! They're pretty great. Wonder if they're gonna offer the other 2 this year or if that's it, I'd love to have the whole set!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I bought the frog portrait last year and I keep him up all year long! I love it. I'm liking that cat portrait......ugh so many great items to choose from this time of year.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Pier 1 really needs to step up their game with their customer service. Along with the other things I bought the witch cauldron mug but it came broken (it's super cute though and I highly recommend it!). At first I tried calling them, but I was on hold for over half an hour so I decided to hang up and send an email instead. It took them four days to get back to me. FOUR days! To me, that's unacceptable. Had this of been during the busy season, this mug would have been sold out and I would have had to go with a credit instead of a replacement. It was my first online order from them so I don't know if that's their norm or if it was a fluke, but so far I'm unimpressed. I guess next time I'll know if it's during the season I need to call or just go to the store!

IMG_3654.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
I really like the Light-Up Orange & Black Halloween Village: the pieces are very light and larger in person than I expected. There are three different designs. (They are similar to the light up Christmas houses from the 1950's). However, at $30 each, they are a bit rich for my blood.

Maybe there will be a few left to go on sale over after Halloween.

http://www.pier1.com/led-light-up-o...R1552.html?cgid=halloween-decorations#start=1

·
Registered
238 Posts
I really like the Light-Up Orange & Black Halloween Village: the pieces are very light and larger in person than I expected. There are three different designs. (They are similar to the light up Christmas houses from the 1950's). However, at $30 each, they are a bit rich for my blood.

http://www.pier1.com/led-light-up-o...R1552.html?cgid=halloween-decorations#start=1
They are gorgeous. If you sign up for emails they send you a 15% coupon. It helps a teeny bit. I have crafting supplies for the putz houses. I have made them for Christmas but the ones in the stores are just amazing. I love the witch one.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,493 Posts

The Spider house is also at At Home, for $19, and they have a 10% off coupon if you sign up through email. Shame they aren't carrying the other two that I've seen (so they might, but not seen in store or online), but if you have an At Home nearby (since they don't do online ordering at this time) it might be worth checking out in person with a coupon just in case...

https://www.athome.com/11.25--paper-lu-house-w/spider/124208888.html#q=halloween+house&start=1

·
Registered
163 Posts
FYI - houston area stores have 30% off everything including sale items. They are calling it a hurricane Harvey relief sale. Goes through November 1st.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Spider house is also at At Home, for $19, and they have a 10% off coupon if you sign up through email. Shame they aren't carrying the other two that I've seen (so they might, but not seen in store or online), but if you have an At Home nearby (since they don't do online ordering at this time) it might be worth checking out in person with a coupon just in case...
Thanks for the info! I will also check Pier 1 in case they are having a sale.

Really like those houses...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts