Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I saw a centerpiece on Pinterest consisting of several Mercury glass items grouped on a round silverplate platter. It looked really nice, and I may need to keep my eye out for Mercury glass this year. Here is the centerpiece I was admiring:

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
No problem, Mae.

Anyone who has never been to a Pier 1 store before, be forewarned that, while there are good buys scattered throughout, you will see some truly exorbitant prices on the majority of items. Do not even consider the furniture unless you happen to hit the lottery just prior to the trek:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I see they brought back that Nightmare before Christmas metal arch and gate again. Really had hoped to find one in the store after halloween or on sale. Guess I get a second chance. LOL

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw a centerpiece on Pinterest consisting of several Mercury glass items grouped on a round silverplate platter. It looked really nice, and I may need to keep my eye out for Mercury glass this year. Here is the centerpiece I was admiring:

Ooh! I love the skull decanter! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone who has never been to a Pier 1 store before, be forewarned that, while there are good buys scattered throughout, you will see some truly exorbitant prices on the majority of items. Do not even consider the furniture unless you happen to hit the lottery just prior to the trek:rolleyes:
Thanks for the warning, Garthgoyle. I guess that probably explains why none of my friends has ever suggested going shopping there.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Garthgoyle. I guess that probably explains why none of my friends has ever suggested going shopping there.
You are welcome, ES. They do occasionally offer clearanced items such as glass vases and candleholders, so that area may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
these were from home goods last year and the year before...they will probably have them again this year they are popular, I've been collecting these.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I REALLY like their ornaments. I put them on my Christmas tree each year. I have a bunch of those round wooden ones and I think they're super neat. I see they have Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. I will definitely buy them! I think they're the only ones I don't have.

·
Registered
672 Posts

Love mercury glass and those little skulls! They have lots of cool candles and ornaments as well!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
pier 1s up and going here...i do different scapes so i do use some sparkle depending on what i am decorating...omg........they have the frank and his bride, talk about adorable....i swore i wasnt going to buy anything when i walked in that store and just saw them and turned around and slinked over and got a basket fussing...sales girl was just laughing at me,,,,,,,,,they have the splat witch ornament, another cute haunted house, black cats.........errrrrrrr....some restraint i dont have....three bags later.....................oh and i wish now i have bought one the natural line they have, wow, totally off the hook...squirrels, owls all kind of woodland critters..also cute for witches set ups, they are better to me this year than when they started that line a few years back... pier ones right by our homegoods with a wine beer store between them...hahaha you know this is bad!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts