Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun if we shared any Halloween or autumn pictures from our past :) So dig out those boxes and old photo albums and let's take a trip down memory lane together :D

This one is just me playing in the leaves

These next 4 pix are from my 2nd birthday. Mom always did a Halloween themed party :)

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And these next 3 are from my 3rd birthday

Testing out my costume a few days before Halloween

Some big pumpkins my parents grew ~ 1990

School Halloween party & parade ~ 1990

With one of my teachers ~ 1991

Getting ready to go Trick-or-treating!

I really don't know what I was suppose to be here lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's easy to see where you get your knack for decorating! And I love looking at old pics from Halloweens past!
How did your mom decorate the chandelier with those ghosts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
AHHHH!!! I miss the halloween parades!!! They stopped doing them just before I reched jr high... I'm one of the lucky ones that got to take part.

Tonight I must look for old pictures!

·
Registered
471 Posts
MissMandy - You Mom's decorating abilities are superb ! How cool it is you shared these pics . So neat to see the older decorations and themes.

Hollow - It took me forever to find you - I was looking for "Barney purple" ;)

Sadly I have no pictures too add - just a comment . :)

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's easy to see where you get your knack for decorating! And I love looking at old pics from Halloweens past!
How did your mom decorate the chandelier with those ghosts?
She just tied a piece of fabric around each of the lights and drew faces :)

What a sweet little princess you were, hollow!

Glad y'all are enjoying this :) Can't wait to see more pix :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think I posted these before in a similar thread but they are just too fun not to repost! BTW love this thread!

Probably dressing up before Halloween:

Visiting my Grandpa on Halloween (his birthday!). I am the youngest one. I have NO idea what costume it is supposed to be. If you have a guess, let me know!

The Halloween that started it all. Our first haunt! My Dad made the cardboard tombstones and we painted the epitaphs!

F

·
0 Posts
AHHHH!!! I miss the halloween parades!!! They stopped doing them just before I reched jr high... I'm one of the lucky ones that got to take part.

Tonight I must look for old pictures!

I KNOW! Why did they stop? Why! It was too too fun. It was like the best day evah!

I feel sad for today's kids. No halloween parades, no homemade hobo or gypsy or clown costumes. No cutting out yellow triangles for pumpkin eyes and fixing them with paste from a jar...no teacher with a witch hat on reading a mildly spooky story in a darkened classroom.

The good old days! :)

F

·
0 Posts
Our schools still do them! Sorry to hear yours stopped. Every year I volunteer to help with my daughter's school party and I get to walk in the parade with them!:D
That is so great, worstwitch! We have had the kids in elementary schools in a few different states- NC, MO, NM- and halloween is forbidden in all those schools, sadly.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
It's not so far past, but it's the best that I can do. No photos exist of me on Halloween from when I was little. My sister has some awesome black and white photos of her as a child, dressed as Casper the Ghost. :) I think my mom quit taking pictures of us when I insisted on a new Ben Cooper Snoopy costume for three years in a row. (I wore it out each year, because I didn't just wear it on Halloween!)

This is me with my two older sons in 2003. I made the "club" for my youngest out of a big piece of paper-bag type packing material. You can't see it very well in the picture, but I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with the idea, haha. He's dressed as Bamm-Bamm Rubble.

HALL boys 2003.jpg

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I made a thread like this back in July, but nobody seemed to want to post their own pics! Oh well.

Here are some of mine:

Wonder Woman (age 4)
11157_10152566030840048_998341224_n.jpg

More Wonder Woman (age 4) and Witch (age 3)
166731_10200572353822365_1470328248_n.jpg

Mouse (with my beloved Granddaddy, age 2)
228833_2180162674654_4873993_n.jpg

WAY off-Broadway Cat (age 7 or 8)
72658_10200572355622410_420452457_n.jpg

I have more somewhere around here. Once I figure out the scanner I'll add them, too!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I feel sad for today's kids. No halloween parades, no homemade hobo or gypsy or clown costumes. No cutting out yellow triangles for pumpkin eyes and fixing them with paste from a jar...no teacher with a witch hat on reading a mildly spooky story in a darkened classroom.

The good old days! :)
Agreed! Man, your post just took me back to grade school...over 40 years ago! Thank you for that trip...I nearly got tears in my eyes thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts