Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I think I am the first in my neighborhood to have Halloween decorations up. My countdown sign was put up yesterday and the countdown has started for my yard. I had to touch up some paint on the sign because the last two years have taken a toll on it, but it's back in top form now. I am adding two new ghosts on the right side of the sign this year, and I will post a picture when the ghosts arrive. Yay for Halloween!!!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,519 Posts
Yours is the absolute best countdown sign ever Jana! Vintage and whimsical, beautiful colors, it just checks all the boxes. I'll bet the kids who see it are already getting excited!

·
Registered
224 Posts
That sign is gorgeous! Did you make up the little poem? Do you mind if I steal it? lol

I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture but we passed a house the other day in the city that not only was a beautiful purple with blue and green accents but it had giant spiders already. I told my boyfriend that I don't know who that person is but I want to be friends with them!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I couldn't help myself so I threw one of my skellies on the front porch waving to passersby.

Forgive the dirt, we're trying to clean up 30 years of stuff. Also, because I'm paranoid I used my bike lock to secure my skellie to the chair and the porch. No one is taking him without a lot of noise.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. Your sign look utterly fantastic!

I wish I could paint lettering as professional looking as yours. Very cool!
:)Thank you Dave, it was VERY time consuming. It stayed in my kitchen for about a week with me painting on it every chance I got after work and early in the morning. I wrote the poem and then designed the lettering and pictures and then I used a projector to get the lettering on the sign and then painted it all in. You are very kind to say that. Thanks a bunch!:)

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:)The ghosts for the sign came today, now I have to attach them and we should be good to go except for a few stalks of corn once they show up at the farmer's market.:D I went with a different looking ghost instead of the one I used to display with the sign last year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That countdown sign is by far the best one I have ever seen in my opinion. I love its classic and fun look!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts