1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's a fantastic display it looks great...and big. The lighting is amazing it really adds to the whole effect. Hope you had a great night. I bet the TOT'S loved it. My little girl would love this and she's only 2 and a half?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Actually the bill is not too bad. It looks a little brighter than it is due to longer camera exposure time to show more details. The brightest bulb I use is a 40 watt and half have been switched to LED's.

It was a good year until it started raining. Well, it was still a great year as our TOT's doubled but had looked to sitting around a fire with friends as the night wound down and it was just raining steady at that point. All in all it was good. At least we didn't have a foot of snow like a few years back :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That butcher scene -I must say even though I dont like gore- looks pretty real. I like how he's pulling the switch down. Awesome scene. Very scary and disturbing.
Thanks Matrixmom, It's the only thing we have that is in the gore area but we also try to add humor. The IV bottle is heinz ketchup. It's in a tent and always tell people it's the pg-13 section. I love that old switch. My father gave it to me. It's the real deal too. The backing plate is stone (slate) so the switch is heavy as heck but really cool to look at and know it was really used as a switch in the past.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody.

Really makes me happy to hear the comments on the lighting. My screen name relates to lighting. I always enjoyed lighting and trying different colors and locations to change the shadows. My dad after his "day job" with my mother was involved with a group that did small plays. Nothing big but I spent many nights when I was growing up doing my homework in auditoriums. My dad did all the lighting so I would work with him dropping down the booms with all the lights and re-positioning them and changing what's called the "gels" to change the tint of the lighting. So that's my story where I became a little obsessed with lighting. :)

The greatest thing to happen to lighting by far is the LED's. The colors are so rich and the energy savings make them a bonus there too.

Bethene, Thank you. We have been camping (camper style, used to tent but my back doesn't like that anymore) since 98 or so. We usually miss the great fall camping because of setting up our haunt. There is a campground we like not too far away and they have their Halloween Weekend in mid September so for the first time we made it to that and participated in the site decorating. Anyway, that was where the skellies roasting marshmallows came from. Everyone loved it and we decided it would be great here too. So it's new this year and we added the tent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts