Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week, when I looked at my photo albums, three were fine but in the other three the pictures were enlarged and distorted. Today when I looked, all the albums are in a funk and so am I. :( Do you know what has happened and how I can fix this?

I view the forum from a desktop computer and upload my photos from my picture files on Windows 7. I use Firefox as my browser. Also what size is best to post pictures to our albums if we have to resize them?

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/tannasgach-albums.html

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup matrix, your photos look like mine. I think this may be something that happened recently because my last three albums were fine while viewing, then a couple days later they became distorted. With my tech skills it's a small miracle I'm able to create a photo album at all and post pictures. It takes me forever. Any advice from the powers that be?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,585 Posts
All of mine are all messed up, too! Just all cut and oversized and randomly stuck all over each other in a weird collage of sorts. I checked the Gallery area of the forum and it looks like everyone's albums and pics are all messed up just the same. The only way you can see the photos normally is to click on them one by one...but since you can't really even see what album or pic you are clicking on to begin with, you don't know what you will be looking at until you click one. What the heck happened?? :confused:

I'm not even sure I will want to attempt to try to upload new photos if this doesn't get fixed, somehow...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,689 Posts

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I haven't experienced issues uploading photos/images, did a few today, but this is how one of my album cover photos look for example. Capture basically of my entire 17inch screen to give you an idea of the proportion of the photos. All the photos inside my albums are this honking huge size.

Reading this thread it seems like this issue has been going on since May. Really makes trying to view your album to find a photo you want to link to in a post very difficult since you have to scroll through so much. Any word on when this will be fixed? Think we were better before this change was made.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just checked my albums and they are fine. :) I love the new scroll down feature and the larger size. If you want to read the captions and comments, just click on a picture and you can view them in the old format.

Thanks Kevin

·
Administrator
621 Posts
Glad to hear that's working for you. If anyone else is still experiencing issues, ensure to clear your cache/cookies and refresh the page to the fix applied can take effect - thank you. Otherwise, enjoy the site! :)

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,585 Posts
The larger photos are the fix, Ghost of Spookie. Originally, the problem was that the photos were all over the place, zoomed in and distorted like a weird collage of parts of images. You couldn't even see/figure out what you were looking at in each messed up pic until you clicked on it.

Yes, the photos and album cover photos are much larger on the screen, now, but they aren't distorted or super zoomed in on one spot, anymore. So, while it's different than the tiny thumbnails we used to have, it is, at least, fixed from the mess it was last month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts