Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 614 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Holy moly! I have already been reaped!!!! I came in today after a very long and stressful day. I have only been back to work since last week and still doing physical therapy after that. This week had my sister's procedure and seeing about her on top of that. Add to that the week long sub assignment from below and you get the picture.

I came home rather late and exhausted to see a HUGE box outside my door with large graphics on it. I was reaped already by Saki, who is about to go on vacation and moved with the speed of light this week.

I will post photos tomorrow night of everything. It is wonderful and I have a lot to show you all!!! Wow, wow, wow!

Thank you, Saki, you know how to share the witchiness!!!!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,234 Posts
Holy moly! I have already been reaped!!!! I came in today after a very long and stressful day. I have only been back to work since last week and still doing physical therapy after that. This week had my sister's procedure and seeing about her on top of that. Add to that the week long sub assignment from below and you get the picture.

I came home rather late and exhausted to see a HUGE box outside my door with large graphics on it. I was reaped already by Saki, who is about to go on vacation and moved with the speed of light this week.

I will post photos tomorrow night of everything. It is wonderful and I have a lot to show you all!!! Wow, wow, wow!

Thank you, Saki, you know how to share the witchiness!!!!
You are very welcome :)

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I was reaped yesterday. Yes, ALREADY!!!! How exciting.
Here is the box that I came home to find out front.
outside.jpg outside 3.jpg
outside 4.jpg
packing.jpg

Here is a shot of the overall fantastic Reap from Saki.girl! Wow, I am still amazed at all the wonderful things AND the speed at which she shipped this!
most overall from saki.jpg

This gorgeous Fortune Teller's box is wonderful. Great detail and all the sayings on it will be a great asset for one of my Fortune Tellers. I can't wait to use it. It also has lots of room to store some of the FT wares!
inside box soap and bracelets.jpg
this is the inside of the gorgeous box and shows the handmade Halloween soap and bracelets, which will be used on some of my FT, too.
fortune teller box.jpg

As if this is not enough there is much more to come!
Halloween bird treats
bird treats.jpg
Recipe box with a great witch scene painted by Saki!
recipe box and notepad.jpg
Hand painted metal tray
metal tray.jpg
Halloween tinsel, placemat and cute headband with bats
tinsel, placemat, stuff.jpg
Witch candle that Saki made and a cute small chimenea that is also painted by her.
witch candle and chimenea.jpg

The recipe box is filled with wonderful potion bottles that I love and there is also a large scene setter scene and a great witch's hat for me or a prop! I love hats.

Here is the beautiful artwork that goes in the wooden message board that was busted in three places. I am not sure if the message board is savable due to the breaks especially the ragged one. However, the painting is fine and will be used in some way for sure!
beautiful painting from message board.jpg
Here are a couple of the broken message board. I think that the wood got knocked into other wood or the metal tray causing the breakage. You can see the amount of packing that she used. I am amazed that things got broken with all that packing. It had to be the wood against wood or metal and being handled roughtly. It was marked GLASS and FRAGIL. Grrrrr.... at the UPS
broken message center.jpg broken ragged.jpg
Here is the broken tray that is absolutely fixable. I will get that done tomorrow. Need to think about what kind of glue---probably wood glue.
broiken tray fixable.jpg

I am totally blown away for Saki's generosity and her talent in all this. Add to that that she got my name just this week and has already shipped out such a wonderful Reapl.

I am sad that things were broken, but I can fix most. Saki is the queen of packing as you can tell from the photos. I can only think with all the solid packing that things shifted some and the wood on wood and wood on metal of the oversize items cause the stress break after some evidently rough handling.

Thank you so much, Saki. Enjoy you vacation and I will enjoy playing with all my goodies from you and nhh in the main reap.

Sorry about the sideways photos. I forgot to rotate them. You can also see my Lulu checking out everything. She and Hank both were very, very interested in the big box even before it was opened. Do you have dogs or maybe cats? They could have been smelling the birdseed, too.

I also realized that I don't have photos of the wonderful small potion bottles and another great bottle that I think you can see in the overall photo. It has a fortune teller on one side a great owl on another.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,234 Posts
You are very welcome at least all the glass stuff made it not broken .

You are very welcome I am glad u like it all.

And I will be in Disneyland on Monday whoot take lots of pics

And dear reaper there will be someone at my house if you send anything so no worries :) and they have been told to text me if any goodies come lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Wonderful haul!
I hope you don't throw out the message board! You could glue it with wood glue, and clamp it overnight to hold the joints tight. (A friend or neighbor might have clamps if you don't.) Then if you want, take some plastic wood and rub across the breaks working it into any ragged areas. If you then sand, and paint the entire thing over-- 2 coats on the plastic wood and one on the rest to make the blacks match-- it should be just about as good as new.
It would be such a shame for it to go to waste!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,234 Posts
I am amazed at how fast Saki works! The girl must not get any sleep :)
Great reap, Printersdevil. It looks like everything was just perfect for you.
lol this made me laugh i do not sleep well in fact i wake up and am up for hours at night i should get out of bed and craft can you imagine how much more i could do lol

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,032 Posts
Awesome reap, Printersdevil! Great job, Saki! Love all the witchy stuff...and the tiny little chimenea...so adorable! I've never seen one so small!! I totally think that message board is fixable...like ooojen said, that would be a good way to fix it up...I agree, glue with wood glue, clamp, fill in any cracks, sand and paint. If you can't find or don't have any filler, you can use some wood glue mixed with saw dust to fill in cracks.

1 - 20 of 614 Posts