Halloween Forum banner

321 - 340 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have never missed the deadline before and am upset with myself but I had nightmares last night of the paint all peeling off with the bubble wrap and since the final coat of sealer couldn't go on until this morning I made the hard decision to instead give it proper dry time and ship in the morning.
Leave a note in the box that says your dog ate your reap. It used to work when I was younger and missed deadlines.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
Witchy Kitty’s Reap --The Last Great Gift

View attachment 737244
The final gift in Witchy Kitty’s reap is a letter. However, no one but us will ever see it. There should always be an air of mystery to every reap. Witchy Kitty’s letter is that mystery. It’s not a total secret, but there are personal revelations that we think we’ll keep to ourselves.

The letter is an explanation of every one of our gifts. It tells us why she chose them, how she made them, and guidance in using them. It is the culmination of what we think is a perfect reap. When the sign-up for the Secret Reapers began, Witchy Kitty was unsure she could even participate. Like so many of us, the pandemic had taken a toll on her family. Both her husband and she had lost their jobs. Money was tight, and the outcome didn’t look good.

However, so many of those involved with the Secret Reapers encouraged her to participate. She was part of the tradition that so many looked forward to seeing. In the end, she decided to become part of yet another year in the grand tradition of the Secret Reapers. What she gave us is what we had always loved about the reapers in past years. It wasn't a haul of goodies. It was the gift of self.

Beyond the reaps full of gifts that go so far beyond the minimum twenty dollars that they astound, beyond those reaps that seem to be little more than grabbing Halloween stuff and throwing it into a box; beyond all that, there lie the reaps that reach out toward something beyond the gifts. As much fun as Witchy Kitty’s gifts were, each one was carefully thought out and each one a reflection of Witchy Kitty’s personality.

The Secret Reapers have always been not just a chance to exchange gifts, but an opportunity to share a bit of who we are at the same time. We love our reap, because the last great gift was Witchy Kitty taking the time to show the person behind the gifts, and the thoughts behind the reap. It convinced us to hang in there for another year and hope for better times. We hope the same for her. This year, our house will be full of haunted things. We love them all. But some will shine in the darkness just a bit more than others because they were given to us by one who understands the spirit of a Secret Reaper.
As mentioned in the previous post, we have dead bears living with us. They're nice enough, and they like Halloween. Witchy Kitty read about them at our website, and that leads us to our next reveal. These are our bears. You know how over the years pets and their owners start to look alike? Well, they say they look like us because we're their pets. That might be true. The nature of pets is always one where who owns who is debatable.

View attachment 737200

So Witchy Kitty sat down, and through laborious work, lost files, and all manner of setbacks created something wonderful...

Vinyl Transfers:

View attachment 737201
They're vinyl transfers of our bears! We know the red one is going on our car, but where the blue one is placed is still in flux. We'd love to show you what the red one looks like on our car, but we live in Oregon, and right now the fires leave a film of dust, smoke, and ash all over anything outside. So, until we can keep the car clean for a few days, the stickers will have to remain dreams for the future.

On to the next great thing...

This one met with less than enthusiastic response from one household member, Gypsy, our Egyptian diadem rat snake. He's a rescue snake. A pet store closing was going to euthanize him because he was a surly snake. Seeing what he might have looked like on another path, doesn't amuse him. Gypsy does not get Halloween. Hence the glazed over look in his eyes about this whole affair. (Actually he's getting ready to shed his skin. Those skins are his one contribution to Halloween. We put them into potion jars.)

View attachment 737209

Snake Bones:

Like most things that come into this house for Halloween, the bones got a makeover. Here are the before and after to give you an idea of its old and new look.

View attachment 737210

Cheese Cloth:

View attachment 737219

This was such a timely gift. We mentioned that we have no ghosts, and would like one. Witchy Kitty sent along clothing for our ghost so he could work outside. As it turns out, he's going to be a crank ghost that lives inside. The logistics are being worked out, but we think the beginning of his outfit is very fetching. Sure, we need even more cheesecloth and we have some white Creepy Cloth laying around somewhere that's definitely going on. But the bones are there (pun intended). And you can tell he's thrilled. Look at that smile and the way his eyes sparkle. Eventually he'll be glowing thanks to Witchy Kitty's cheesecloth and a black light Saki Girl gave us last year. And yes, we already have a mausoleum set up in our front yard. We might have issues.

Crystals and Casting stones:

View attachment 737229

One of us collects dragons. In the glassware of one that is supposed to hold liquid incense we put rocks and crystals given to us by friends. If there is any magic in our crystals and stones, it is from the thoughts they create each time we walk by them and recall the day we were given them. Witchy Kitty's have been added to the mix. It's the way it should be. No one stone is more important than another. There are some that gleam more in the low light, and a few whose darkness gives accent to the lighter stones. Yet, all of them are a part of the whole; part of the lives of friends who have thought to give us a gift that took millennia to create, and will last for millennia after we are gone. For those who notice other things, The card is from Witchy Kitty as well. We put up cards we receive throughout the holidays. (and there is a collection of Hotei on the level below for those even more insanely observant)

On to the next great thing:

M&Ms (not the candy; Maggots and Marigolds):

View attachment 737230

Nothing quite says you care like glow in the dark maggots. They're for the potion jars we're slowly creating, and come next Halloween when we put up our witches shack for the first time, the maggots will have their place. The marigold seeds from Witchy Kitty's garden will find a place in our garden even sooner. Come spring, they will be planted in yogurt containers and when they're big enough, and the frosts have passed, they will go out next to the tomatoes and peppers to keep the bugs away.

On to the next great thing:

Pot Holders:

View attachment 737241

Home sewn with an eye to our liking vintage Halloween decorations, Witchy Kitty gives us the gift of self we asked for. And that leaves us at the bottom of the reap. The letter to be opened last. The final gift of Witchy Kitty for her happy victims. The final mystery to be revealed. But that is for another post. The last great thing.
Thank you all for your patience. It is time to reveal Witchy Kitty's reap. A reap is a wonderful thing, and it's so important to make sure the reap gets the full attention it deserves by presenting it in the best light possible. For us, that's usually between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. That is when the light is just right for taking photos. If you look back on the posts Witchy Kitty makes, you can tell she takes a great deal of pride in her work. We can offer no less in presenting her gifts without regret.

When Bethene first announced the Secret Reaper sign up, Witchy Kitty posted a cute little kitty her husband gave her. Beside the kitty were wondrous muffins that added to the festive atmosphere. However, to those of us with a sweet tooth, those muffins were far more alluring than the ceramic cat.

View attachment 737077

We mentioned that to her, and when it came time to reap us, she did not forget that conversation. Here is our first reaper gift

RECIPE CARDS!

View attachment 737078

Not just any cards, mind you. These are some of Witchy Kitty's favorite treats and main dishes; including the muffins in her picture. Now we really don't know much about the Internet, or why bloggers do what they do with pictures of food. We do understand the nature of plating a dish to make it look it's best. We try to do that. What we don't get is why, when we Google a recipe for jambalaya, we're going to be sent to some blogger who will post dozens of pictures before they ever get to showing us the recipe we hoped to find.

Instead, we see photo after photo of the spices of the jambalaya, the mixing of the spices, the cooking of the jambalaya, the presentation of the jambalaya from the front, the back, the side, aerial views taken with a drone, the MRI print outs, and lord knows how many other photos. Sometimes there are so many photos and stories about why they love jambalaya that we forget why we came to the site in the first place.

But, who are we to argue with the Internet? We love our recipes from Witchy Kitty, because we can just pick one up, and it's all there without digging through photos and family history. But we also want to show you how much we love them. So, we follow the Internet rules, and present some of our first tries at Witchy Kitty's recipes.

Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken:

View attachment 737082 View attachment 737083 View attachment 737081
Okay, three is the most we can post before we get bored.

Taco Pasta Salad:

View attachment 737170 View attachment 737171 View attachment 737172
The eyeballs were optional, but we really think it ties the salad together.

Snickerdoodles:

View attachment 737125 View attachment 737128
Okay, this photo reveal was supposed to be so much better. It was a plate full of yummy snickerdoodles and a cold glass of milk. But we have ghosts. Did we mention the ghosts? They're mostly fine right up until you try to find your keys or you're hoping to do a fantastic photo shoot of cookies and milk. Turn away from them, and ghosts can be a real pain in the netherworld. Oh, and did we mention they're two dead bears? Yeah, that might account for the snarfing down of cookies when our backs are turned.

Which brings us to the next marvelous reaper gift from Witchy Kitty. It's really too bad our 10 pictures for this post are all used up. But don't worry. There's always tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.
Okay. Your three latest post of my reap to you are in backwards order of how you posted them, but they are all there.
I loved seeing not just the items I sent...which were less than I usually send, but I tried to make them the most thoughtful, personal, and heartfelt, for sure...
I loved how you made and displayed some of the many recipes I sent you...complete with story and explanation.
I love how you showed The original picture and explained the haunted bears vinyls I made you.
I love your adorable Gypsy, the Egyptian rat snake, and the story of how you saved his life!!! Hugs, to you, for that!! I'm sad if it made your snake sad, though...if I'd known you had a snake, I would've sent a different skelly animal! That said, I love the aging process you gave it!
I love that a gift of glowing maggots is a loving, caring gift, to you...only to a Halloween lover, lol...or maybe a bird...
I love how you added my crystals and stones I gave you from my own collection in with the ones you have received from others in your cool dragon holder. It's definitely a way to keep their magic going!
I love the start of your crank ghost! It looks amazing with the green skeletal body and white robes! I'm glad I was able to give you a start to his outfit to help keep him dressed and warm. I can't wait to see him finished!!!!
I am so pleased you liked the vintage print potholders I sewed for you to go with all your recipes!! I'm glad you will have a use for the marigold seeds I harvested from my own marigolds, too! I hope they sprout and bloom beautifully, for you, next year!
Your whole reveal, start to finish...waaaaay back from my post of when I sent it out and worried I could've randomly boxed up other things in there...like a cat...since I was drowsy on benadryl, to the SLOOOOOWWW, teasing, hilarious one step at a time receiving, opening of the box, opening of the gifts and the full quantum physics/vortex/portal theory with cats, werewolves, large spiders, and evil clowns...rock salt and holy water...and all in between, made your unboxing if my gifts, to you, fun for me and many other forum members who were following along (if you weren't, you should go waaay back and read all chubstuffs posts on this!!!)

I am so glad yo seem to love everything!

Most importantly, thank you for your last post, about my sealed letter...what you wrote in that post literally brought me to tears as I read it out loud to my husband. Even though I wasn't able to send you as much as I wanted, you made my small reap seem so much bigger, and made me feel happier about it. You made me feel like I gave you the biggest reap in the world, just because you have a huge heart...and because you are hilarious. It was a treat, to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs!
I'm glad it makes you want to join, again, next year, too!
This is what SR is all about. Thoughtfulness and making people happy while keeping the Halloween spirit alive! (You were able to make me happy with the reveal of my own reap, to you!! That's something special!)

HAPPY SECRET REAPER, CHUBSTUFF...AND EVERYONE...AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN SEASON!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here we are at the crossroads, dear reaper. The deadline has come. Like a torso flying away from the legs as the scythe cleaves a body, this is the moment when we must part. It has been glorious. We have loved our time together with you. The waiting for the end to come is a part of a reaper’s job description, but we never tire of our job.

Now the only wait is upon your shoulders; waiting for the post office to swiftly complete their appointed rounds. The minutes will tick away into hours, the hours into days. This wait is ephemeral at best. The true agony of the transcendental wait has passed between us. One mourns the passing, and clings to the darkness, fearful of the coming light.

Perhaps that is why the post office is so kind to mention they are coming for you even in the gloom of night. Like a banshee crying at your entryway, the postal worker will one day knock upon your door. Expect their deliveries soon and my revisit at some time in the future. We will count the days until our reunion. We always count the days. Such exquisite longing.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Such talented eloquent writing here on the forum. I hope some of you write books! Chubstuff what a wonderful post about the gift of self. It was so fun watching it all unfold. Hostesswiththemostess that's a great necklace. Grinning reaper, parting is such sweet sorrow, I hope you will still haunt the forum when your victim receives & posts their goodie box.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh Chubstuff your last post brought me to tears. It is so true that this community of reapers is special. The time we devote to thinking and planning for someone we have never met and wanting to send that one special thing that with bring them joy gives me joy in return. My heart is full and the Halloween spirit lives here 🎃

·
Reaper Queen
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Chubstuff, I cried reading your post too. You bring such heart to the reaper. Your funny posts kept us entertained. And your thoughtful posts gave a glimpse into the wonderful souls you are!!!

I love this forum!

·
Reaper Queen
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Well.. Feeling better today...not back to normal(what ever that is!) Yes...you heard right. 3 broken teeth. Due to my RA I have dry mouth.... And the teeth get brittle.. Oh well. Have a fair amount of dental work to have done yet...cha ching!!! Lol!

·
Reaper Queen
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #330 (Edited)
Here are the pictures of my teaser gifts!!! I got a wall plaque that is so perfect for me...Welcome my Pretties.... Fits my wicked witch items so well!!! A great spider for my spider area. I have used mine for years in the weather mine are looking a bit shabby. So it's wonderful to have another one!!
A really awesome pair of leggings. They have a reaper on them...perfect for the reaper queen!! My little kitten Lucy thinks they are great too!!
And 2 adorable little pumpkins! I have them on my china already!!!
And last..but not least for sure...I actually squealed seeing them...Shiny Bright. Halloween ornaments!!! I have always wanted them. I am obsessed with Shiny bright for any holiday!! Thank you so much TZgirls123l!!!! You rock!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well.. Feeling better today...not back to normal(what ever that is!) Yes...you heard right. 3 broken teeth. Due to my RA I have dry mouth.... And the teeth get brittle.. Oh well. Have a fair amount of dental work to have done yet...cha ching!!! Lol!
Ugh...I am in the same boat with the dental work. My husband and I have both done a ton of dental work the past month and it is horrible! And it costs $$$. Hopefully by Halloween we will have it all caught up on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Okay, i finally got to open my reap and it is to die for! And it turns out that I had two reapers, Holly Haunter and her very talented daughter, red flayer. I know, how sweet is that?!!! The thoughtfulness, generosity and detail that went into my reap absolutely blows me away. There will be lots of photos but they do not do this reap justice. It is a dream reap!

The detail that went into wrapping my gifts is exquisite. Even the back side of packages were decorated. These were almost too nice to open. Seriously, I just stood there admiring them for the longest time as they were pieces of artwork all their own.

There was one item not wrapped. It was a pack of Horror Balls and had a note attached that reads “For you to squeeze in nervous anticipation of what is in your reap.” Yes, my reapers are very detailed and thoughtful! I must live a sheltered life (no kids, lol!) because I had never seen these before. They are so cool! They are squishy and have mice inside that pop in and out of the holes when the balls are squeezed. I love these! Who knew?!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Okay, i finally got to open my reap and it is to die for! And it turns out that I had two reapers, Holly Haunter and her very talented daughter, red flayer. I know, how sweet is that?!!! The thoughtfulness, generosity and detail that went into my reap absolutely blows me away. There will be lots of photos but they do not do this reap justice. It is a dream reap!

The detail that went into wrapping my gifts is exquisite. Even the back side of packages were decorated. These were almost too nice to open. Seriously, I just stood there admiring them for the longest time as they were pieces of artwork all their own.

There was one item not wrapped. It was a pack of Horror Balls and had a note attached that reads “For you to squeeze in nervous anticipation of what is in your reap.” Yes, my reapers are very detailed and thoughtful! I must live a sheltered life (no kids, lol!) because I had never seen these before. They are so cool! They are squishy and have mice inside that pop in and out of the holes when the balls are squeezed. I love these! Who knew?!

View attachment 737282

View attachment 737283 View attachment 737284 View attachment 737285 View attachment 737286 View attachment 737287 View attachment 737288 View attachment 737289
Wow! that wrapping is beautiful!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Post two of my reap! It was difficult to decide which gift to open first! With each I opened, I kept asking myself how it could get any better. Then I opened the last box and oh my wickedness, it was beyond anything I could have hoped for! i received not one but two boxes of black taper candles that bleed red. I have the perfect candle holder to put these in! The next item was three Tarot tapestries, the Sun, Moon, and the Star. I love them! I probably have a hundred tarot decks but almost no tarot wall art. These are perfect and add immensely to my tarot collection!

But we aren’t done yet! The next gift was a wooden coffin with a gothic cross on it! Yes! Tucked inside was large hoop earrings and a stackable snake ring for gypsy/fortune teller costume. Right on! The coffin is so versatile and will be utilized year round. It goes wonderfully in my vampire dispkay as well as being the perfect size to store a deck of tarot cards.

The next two gifts were something that I can use for my alter, a ceramic cauldron candle and white sage! I love white sage and use it for ceremonies as well as on my alter. The cauldron candle is something that I have looked for the last two years. It has always been sold out in my area. Did I tell you how good it smells? Score!

The next item I had been wanting for quiet a while. It is the most wonderful Santa Muerte statue! I had wanted one with a black robe signifying protection. When I put it on my wish list for my reaper I really was only dreaming, not really thinking that I would get it. Just wow! It also will be out all year on my alter.

And then I opened the last gift and was totally blown away all over again! Holly painted two of the most wonderfully creepy, absolutely amazing, works of art for me. Talk about talent! I love the It theme and the skull! I don’t think I have seen artwork the way you nailed it Holly. These pieces are detailed, exquisite and I am so grateful and lucky to have them in my collection. They too will be displayed throughout the year. I am beyond appreciative that you painted these for me Holly! You are a true artis!

Then there are the two cards, both amazing pieces of art! In the one from red flayer, she included two Eye of Providence body tattoo sheets. I love them red flayer and they will definitely add to my fortune teller costume! You are so sweet to think of it and to make a very special card for me!

red flayer and Holly Haunter, I just can’t thank the two of you enough!🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 I love every single thing that you sent me. It could not have been a more perfect reap!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Here are the pictures of my teaser gifts!!! I got a wall plaque that is so perfect for me...Welcome my Pretties.... Fits my wicked witch items so well!!! A great spider for my spider area. I have used mine for years in the weather mine are looking a bit shabby. So it's wonderful to have another one!!
A really awesome pair of leggings. They have a reaper on them...perfect for the reaper queen!! My little kitten Lucy thinks they are great too!!
And last..but not least for sure...I actually squealed seeing them...Shiny Bright. Halloween ornaments!!! I have always wanted them. I am obsessed with Shiny bright for any holiday!! Thank you so much TZgirls123l!!!! You rock!!!
I love your reap Bethene! I‘m so glad you are feeling a bit better and hope you fully recover soon!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Okay. Your three latest post of my reap to you are in backwards order of how you posted them, but they are all there.
I loved seeing not just the items I sent...which were less than I usually send, but I tried to make them the most thoughtful, personal, and heartfelt, for sure...
I loved how you made and displayed some of the many recipes I sent you...complete with story and explanation.
I love how you showed The original picture and explained the haunted bears vinyls I made you.
I love your adorable Gypsy, the Egyptian rat snake, and the story of how you saved his life!!! Hugs, to you, for that!! I'm sad if it made your snake sad, though...if I'd known you had a snake, I would've sent a different skelly animal! That said, I love the aging process you gave it!
I love that a gift of glowing maggots is a loving, caring gift, to you...only to a Halloween lover, lol...or maybe a bird...
I love how you added my crystals and stones I gave you from my own collection in with the ones you have received from others in your cool dragon holder. It's definitely a way to keep their magic going!
I love the start of your crank ghost! It looks amazing with the green skeletal body and white robes! I'm glad I was able to give you a start to his outfit to help keep him dressed and warm. I can't wait to see him finished!!!!
I am so pleased you liked the vintage print potholders I sewed for you to go with all your recipes!! I'm glad you will have a use for the marigold seeds I harvested from my own marigolds, too! I hope they sprout and bloom beautifully, for you, next year!
Your whole reveal, start to finish...waaaaay back from my post of when I sent it out and worried I could've randomly boxed up other things in there...like a cat...since I was drowsy on benadryl, to the SLOOOOOWWW, teasing, hilarious one step at a time receiving, opening of the box, opening of the gifts and the full quantum physics/vortex/portal theory with cats, werewolves, large spiders, and evil clowns...rock salt and holy water...and all in between, made your unboxing if my gifts, to you, fun for me and many other forum members who were following along (if you weren't, you should go waaay back and read all chubstuffs posts on this!!!)

I am so glad yo seem to love everything!

Most importantly, thank you for your last post, about my sealed letter...what you wrote in that post literally brought me to tears as I read it out loud to my husband. Even though I wasn't able to send you as much as I wanted, you made my small reap seem so much bigger, and made me feel happier about it. You made me feel like I gave you the biggest reap in the world, just because you have a huge heart...and because you are hilarious. It was a treat, to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs!
I'm glad it makes you want to join, again, next year, too!
This is what SR is all about. Thoughtfulness and making people happy while keeping the Halloween spirit alive! (You were able to make me happy with the reveal of my own reap, to you!! That's something special!)

HAPPY SECRET REAPER, CHUBSTUFF...AND EVERYONE...AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN SEASON!!!
I love the reap you sent WitchyKitty. You put so much thought, energy and heart into it. That’s not a small thing! Thank you for being you and all that you contribute to this forum.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
Ugh...I am in the same boat with the dental work. My husband and I have both done a ton of dental work the past month and it is horrible! And it costs $$$. Hopefully by Halloween we will have it all caught up on.
I feel ya' guys on the dental work. I've been having it extensively done since LAST September! Covid put a halt to the work for awhile, I started it back up and I'm in limbo, now, due to losing my insurance and the latest tooth being worked on is a huge question mark as to what to do. I had a root canal done on it back in Feb, no crown work, just the root canal...I had pain up in the area where the jaw meets the roots, but the endodontist couldn't see what was causing it. He reopened the filling, checked it out, put some meds up in there and reclosed it, hoping that would help. It didn't. He told me I'd have to go have it pulled. I went to my regular dentist and he said the same thing, he didn't want to crown it if there was still an unknown pain. He couldn't see what was causing the pain, either, and offered up me going to a far away specialist for root pain work, which I didnt have the money to do, or go consult with the oral surgeon. I went to the oral surgeon and he wouldn't pull the tooth, as he wondered if it was, if fact, a specific MS pain that happens in the side of the face and jaw. He asked me to contact my neurologist, first, and ask. So, off I went o email him! He said he didn't think it was that, but without doing another MRI, he couldn't know, for sure, so he said we could just try treating it with the meds, regardless, to see if they would help before going through the oral surgery. Soooooo, I then get sick with an upper respiratory infection that put me in the ER (thought I had Covid or pneumonia) at the same time I started said medication AND another MS medication, and I was so sick, not knowing what was causing what for my sickness and pain, I had to stop taking both meds until I get better from the URI, which just won't go away...then, I will try taking them one at a time so I can better gauge which medication seemed to be giving me dangerous side effects (I think it was the med for the face pain, so I'll probably end up just having to get this stupid root canaled tooth pulled, after all...which I have to wait until we get insurance to even do so. What a waste of time, pain and money to get that root canal and possibly have the tooth pulled...and then have the chance the pain will still be there if it really was due to my MS. Sigh.) Lol, this is after having many back teeth pulled, filled or root canaled since September, last year. All my front teeth are great, I just had damage to every single molar due to grinding my teeth from stress and severe pain, constantly, grinding them while I sleep, and from the high dose steroid meds they had me on for awhile for when my MS first hit (they can weaken bone). Oh, and the old dentist I went to...the only one our ins would cover...was what started all of this a year ago and we are pretty sure I lost teeth that I didn't even have to. Think they did some more work/damage that wasn't needed, as well, which made us have to switch dentists.(My husband was told he needed all this work done, too, and after he saw what they did to my mouth, he canceled his appts and scheduled us both at a regular dentist that some of his coworkers went to...costs us a bit more, but better than having your mouth ruined by a cheaper dentists place!) I went in, originally, for ONE sore tooth at the first dentist, and they just destroyed my mouth (one of those offices that has multiple dentists and other dental specialists that come in and out like a revolving door...not a regular practice). All of that just destroyed my back teeth. So, still sitting here, since Feburary, with a half finished root canal and still in pain. Ahh, the joy, lol.

Sorry, that was a long explanation. Basically, I just wanted to commiserate with your guys on the misery of dental work. I hope you two can get all your dental work finished and start feeling less pain, soon!!!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
Great gifts, bethene!! Yay for more Shiny Brites!!!!! LOVE those, very similar to my Halloween Shiny Brites!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
Post two of my reap! It was difficult to decide which gift to open first! With each I opened, I kept asking myself how it could get any better. Then I opened the last box and oh my wickedness, it was beyond anything I could have hoped for! i received not one but two boxes of black taper candles that bleed red. I have the perfect candle holder to put these in! The next item was three Tarot tapestries, the Sun, Moon, and the Star. I love them! I probably have a hundred tarot decks but almost no tarot wall art. These are perfect and add immensely to my tarot collection!

But we aren’t done yet! The next gift was a wooden coffin with a gothic cross on it! Yes! Tucked inside was large hoop earrings and a stackable snake ring for gypsy/fortune teller costume. Right on! The coffin is so versatile and will be utilized year round. It goes wonderfully in my vampire dispkay as well as being the perfect size to store a deck of tarot cards.

The next two gifts were something that I can use for my alter, a ceramic cauldron candle and white sage! I love white sage and use it for ceremonies as well as on my alter. The cauldron candle is something that I have looked for the last two years. It has always been sold out in my area. Did I tell you how good it smells? Score!

The next item I had been wanting for quiet a while. It is the most wonderful Santa Muerte statue! I had wanted one with a black robe signifying protection. When I put it on my wish list for my reaper I really was only dreaming, not really thinking that I would get it. Just wow! It also will be out all year on my alter.

And then I opened the last gift and was totally blown away all over again! Holly painted two of the most wonderfully creepy, absolutely amazing, works of art for me. Talk about talent! I love the It theme and the skull! I don’t think I have seen artwork the way you nailed it Holly. These pieces are detailed, exquisite and I am so grateful and lucky to have them in my collection. They too will be displayed throughout the year. I am beyond appreciative that you painted these for me Holly! You are a true artis!

Then there are the two cards, both amazing pieces of art! In the one from red flayer, she included two Eye of Providence body tattoo sheets. I love them red flayer and they will definitely add to my fortune teller costume! You are so sweet to think of it and to make a very special card for me!

red flayer and Holly Haunter, I just can’t thank the two of you enough!🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 I love every single thing that you sent me. It could not have been a more perfect reap!

View attachment 737296 View attachment 737297 View attachment 737298 View attachment 737299 View attachment 737300 View attachment 737301 View attachment 737302 View attachment 737303 View attachment 737304 View attachment 737305

View attachment 737282

View attachment 737283 View attachment 737284 View attachment 737285 View attachment 737286 View attachment 737287 View attachment 737288 View attachment 737289
Wow! great reap!! The wrapping was very cool...I adore that stars and moons gift bag, lol.
The body tattoo will be great for your costume! Love how they added the stress balls, lol. Those paintings are very well done!! The Santa Muerte figure is awesome...it even has an owl!!! Love the cauldron candle and white sage bundle...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those three Tarot wall hangings!!!!!!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
I love the reap you sent WitchyKitty. You put so much thought, energy and heart into it. That’s not a small thing! Thank you for being you and all that you contribute to this forum.
Thank you, so much, for your kind words! They really do mean a lot!

321 - 340 of 585 Posts