1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
109 Posts
The "ribs" seem a bit too regular and evenly spaced, to me. But like daddywoofdawg said, the addition of organic material will help bulk him up some. Maybe torn shreds of burlap as well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/scary-firefighter-albums-my-projects-props-creations-picture177040-003.html

There just seems to be something missing to me. I'm not in love with or really even that pleased with this prop so far. I'm having trouble making the prop become what I'm picturing in my head (if that makes any sense). Some suggestions would be very much appreciated. Also if somebody could tell me it does not look terrible that would be nice also. :)

Yeah I was thinking vines wrapped in and out of the rib cage but (and this may sound dumb) I have no idea where I would find vines like that. I tried to do it with thin branches from some trees but they kept breaking.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would thin it out - you have the "blair sticks" behind the cloth. Wrap the sheet all the way around - Cut and taper to where the sticks have a couple inches sticking out past the cloth. (staple gun come in real handy here) If possible twist some vines or wire small branches coming up the stake. Use some brown or black spray paint to exaggerate wrinklies in the cloth. Maybe a little filler (body) between the blair sticks . (chicken wire or stuffed black plastic bags)

·
Registered
181 Posts
i like him! i think it will be a matter of presence when you put him in the yard. I say put him up somewhere high, and use a fan to keep him moving, kind like a scarecrow/ghost mix.

and i like the mask great minds:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't think he looks terrible, think you've done a good job and can see where you'd like to go with it. The devil's in the details and when you figure that out, he's gonna rock!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A fan won't be necessary.... this is Oklahoma after all.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think a good idea would be to put a lot of long, waving roots in and around the rib cage area... problem is I doubt I'll be able to find any. Budget is running low so he might have to be finished for now. I still have to get some corn stalks, a hay bale and I'd like to get at least 10 to 12 pumpkins to make jacks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
A fan won't be necessary.... this is Oklahoma after all.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think a good idea would be to put a lot of long, waving roots in and around the rib cage area... problem is I doubt I'll be able to find any. Budget is running low so he might have to be finished for now. I still have to get some corn stalks, a hay bale and I'd like to get at least 10 to 12 pumpkins to make jacks.
What part of Oklahoma? I'm in Norman.

·
Registered
237 Posts
you can get fake vines at any craft store, or make your own vines and branches out of thin bendable wire cotton balls/rope and latex,then paint.there is a pumpkin something (brain dead right now) that is showing this method now.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
maybe the symmetry that's bugging you...looks the same on both sides...by changing the directions of the boards and the pose of the arms will add visual eye movement...along with the other great suggestions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts