Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I posted in the Newbie section a few days ago and spoke of my prop. A few folks said to post pics and that you all like pics so here you are. Our town puts on a Halloween TRUNK OR TREAT and most people hang a few lights or put up a ghost in the back of their minivans. We decided to go all the way or as far as you can go with a pick up truck! This is Dr. Frankenstein's Castle. My 11 year old son will be the good Dr., my wife the Bride of Frankenstein and I'm the Monster. The castle will be 12' tall and 8' wide. we plan on putting in some special effects, lights, sounds etc. These pics are a few days into the project and we will have it completed (I hope by the 18th). :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to update you on the castle. We cut out what seemed like 10,000 "bricks" of foam board and took them to the street and stepped on them for detail. We'll spray paint them black to fill in the nooks and crannies then roll over the high spots with a gray color after gluing them on. In the one pic the finished wood part will be the door. Thanks for looking!
Some of the 10,000 bricks.

1 of 3 pcs to the castle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is an update on the castle. I was far behind due to an illness so the 18th target was lost. this is pretty much complete except for some items that will be placed in the windows. Man the 31st is almost here.
Castle front:

Top Section:

Stone Close Up:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Daaang, dude. That's dedication! (And pressing the bricks onto the street for texture - BRILLIANT!)

Looks great! Can't wait to see the end result!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Man, and I thought we went over board with our facade/entry when we covered the whole thing with stone motif floor covering tonight. lol Man, that doesnt even compare to thousands of bricks!

MsM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts