Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Looks AWESOME! Are you in FL? There's a home haunt in Chicago with the same exact name as yours.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Beautiful! I've always loved blue/green lighting for cemeteries with the addition of yellow "candle" light. Love your pumpkin tree. You've done a great job laying things out. I am curious if you've moved from Chicago to Florida.

Few questions for ya:
how did you adhere your crypt wall (at garage door)?
Tell us about the standing male statute.
Is the dog house the one sold by CrazyBonez or did you construct it? I haven't seen one of those sold anywhere yet if it's a CB one. I know from their website there were two versions, one static and one with lights and dog sounds.
Your in-ground "stone" coffin marker with the cross on top is a nice touch. Is that just stacked layers of foamboard essentially?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Love the light display (blues and greens work well together).

I think the standing man statue is Jack Daniels (yes, that Jack Daniels)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are those Haunted Mansion tombstones I see?? Did you make or buy those? Awesome job, I am so ashamed, I haven't even put up spider webs yet! I'm too afraid to have everything stolen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks fantastic!

What kind of spots are you using? I've been making the switch from incandescent floods to CFLs and noticed the colors are much more vibrant, but I can seem to get enough of a 'wash of color'.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What the hell! Are you just trying to embarrass the rest of us with a super display ready to go three weeks early? :D
hahaha thanks!!! If you makes you feel better or worse I have had it up since the of sept but been too busy to get pics! haha

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks AWESOME! Are you in FL? There's a home haunt in Chicago with the same exact name as yours.
Yup Im in south florida! I have a feeling there are probably a few Eerie Acres Cemeteries out there!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful! I've always loved blue/green lighting for cemeteries with the addition of yellow "candle" light. Love your pumpkin tree. You've done a great job laying things out. I am curious if you've moved from Chicago to Florida.

Few questions for ya:
how did you adhere your crypt wall (at garage door)?
Tell us about the standing male statute.
Is the dog house the one sold by CrazyBonez or did you construct it? I haven't seen one of those sold anywhere yet if it's a CB one. I know from their website there were two versions, one static and one with lights and dog sounds.
Your in-ground "stone" coffin marker with the cross on top is a nice touch. Is that just stacked layers of foamboard essentially?

Thanks!!! The crypt wall was something I made years ago its held up with magnets and goes up in down in seconds! Here is a video showing how I made it!

The statue is Jack Daniels my neighbor gave it to me he got it from a liquor store it was part of their xmas display one year. It was originally white when I got it but I painted it up to look like stone!

The dog house is another of my silly creations! Its animated actually here is a video for that as well!

The large crypt is also animated its made from wood and foam and in keeping with the tradition here is a video for that haha

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are those Haunted Mansion tombstones I see?? Did you make or buy those? Awesome job, I am so ashamed, I haven't even put up spider webs yet! I'm too afraid to have everything stolen.
Yes they are! Those were bought. I also have all three of the huge hitch hiking ghosts statues from disney as well but those only go out on the big night!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks fantastic!

What kind of spots are you using? I've been making the switch from incandescent floods to CFLs and noticed the colors are much more vibrant, but I can seem to get enough of a 'wash of color'.
Thanks!! I am using a combo of cfls(only 3) and LEDs (all the rest are LED) I am using the led spot lights from homedepot, target, etc I keep buying more each year I love them!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Ahhh, sorry to hear that's not you in Chicago. Anyway, I watched the "Sparky" video, nicely done!
You mentioned the upgrade you have planned for him, just a suggestion (a good one BTW!), put a servo in the head to animate the jaw and get one of my Audio Servo Controllers. With the ambient growling and then he comes out barking with the jaw moving. That would be KILLER! BTW, I did that conversion to this same dog, works awesome.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts