Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only about 1/3 of the people that we actually had show up that night. I think a lot of people didnt understand that it was free since we were taking the photos for them. I was running a program that fellow hautner Chuck was kind enough to give me that allowed us to email people their photos right there on the spot. A few people asked how much it cost and when I said it was free they thought they had won the lotto or something! Next year I will have to add a sign or something explaining to people that its free!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.200776490106069.1073741831.152928781557507&type=1&l=47b2ed40e5

·
Registered
832 Posts
What a cool idea! I know what you mean about people not doing the photo. We built a simple photo op spot: we decapitated a skeleton and attached it to a mini black wall. We cut out a spot to stick a person's head thru so it looked like their body was the skeleton. The parents who realized what it was loved it!

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Bigant, those came out really well. Maybe printing out and posting on your photo op sign what the photo would look like would help as well. The biggest problem I see with it is people being comfortable with someone else having their photo and posting it online. Personally I would rather have someone take a photo with my camera. I did see a lot of kids and parents with cellphone cameras and they were taking photos of our window projection and each other so doing a customized photo op is a pretty good idea. I love your wall paper and such, was that real or did you do it in software? I noticed one photo had the wall lights off so thinking it was real, but you never know...

Kloey74, can you post a photo from your skeleton head photo op as well. Sounds like a cool idea as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bigant, those came out really well. Maybe printing out and posting on your photo op sign what the photo would look like would help as well. The biggest problem I see with it is people being comfortable with someone else having their photo and posting it online. Personally I would rather have someone take a photo with my camera. I did see a lot of kids and parents with cellphone cameras and they were taking photos of our window projection and each other so doing a customized photo op is a pretty good idea. I love your wall paper and such, was that real or did you do it in software? I noticed one photo had the wall lights off so thinking it was real, but you never know...

Kloey74, can you post a photo from your skeleton head photo op as well. Sounds like a cool idea as well.
Here is the build for our photo-op

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/127405-my-photo-op-wall-wip.html

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Oh its all real, I even hand painted the design onto the wall haha. When it came to posting the pics online I made it all as anonymous as possible, there are no names or anything at all attached to the photos. You are right though printing out a picture to show people what it would like will really help with next year I think.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Thanks for the link to it. Hadn't seen it yet. The wall and frames looked so perfect.

As time permits over the coming months I will hopefully get around to reading a ton of threads on here and seeing everyone's work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts