Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered 3 PicoBoo 105s, 2Heat/Motion sensors, a PIR Beam sensor and a dead cat from Fright Props! I going out front and sit by the mailbox until they arrive! See you folks in a week or so!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I love the 105s that I have...1 thing about them though is they reset right after the scare...The work around I found was to record about 20 to 30 seconds of silence after the scare sound so you fool it into thinking it's still in scare mode...20 to 30 seconds don't sound like a long time but people will get bored and move on usually...They really are the best bang I think when you figure all it does in one convenient box and programming is too easy....Enjoy...ZR

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TombRaider, thanks for the info! I plan on having ambient sound when the scare is not activated so I guess I will have to add about 20 seconds or so of the ambient sound to my scare sound to ceate the delay. Got the tracking number today, they have shipped already! So excited.....hope I dont wet myself! LOL

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
TombRaider, thanks for the info! I plan on having ambient sound when the scare is not activated so I guess I will have to add about 20 seconds or so of the ambient sound to my scare sound to ceate the delay. Got the tracking number today, they have shipped already! So excited.....hope I dont wet myself! LOL
Actually, the "Ambient Sound" is recorded at a different time than the "Scare Sound" so the ambient would be recorded normally....It's the "Scare Sound" your going to want to add silence at the end....You've got 2 minutes to work with so it's definitely do-able....I think my longest scare sound might be 15 seconds max so you add 20 seconds to that and you still have just under a minute and a half for ambient...Enjoy....They are fun gadgets to play with...ZR

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I understand it you recored you ambinet sound first and then your scare sound, What I am wanting to do is add some of the same sound I am going to use as my ambient sound to the scare sound. So, when the scare goes off, lets say 3 seconds, then another 17 seconds or so of ambient sound will play (which will be part of the scare sound) before the true ambient sound kicks back in. Does that makes sense?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That would probably work....To be honest I've never used the ambient sound mode because I have an mp3 player with better sounding speakers taking care of that....I don't know if there is a time lapse between the scare to when ambient mode kicks back in since I always just had silence...If you had it looped at the right time it would hardly be noticable though I would think....You'll just have to experiment but it really is a convenient and easy to use box...Pica's are the reason I've bought tons of powered PC speakers at yard sales for cheap through the years....I like it because your not running tons of cables to and from areas with the exception of airline AND your getting sounds right from the prop area instead of just 2 speakers to cover everything...That's one thing that disappointed me about the new BooBox8+ is that it has all those in's and out's but only a stereo audio out...8 individual audio outs would have made more sense for what they are trying to use it for but they are still very usable for a more complex prop....ZR

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got around to hooking up a Picoboo 105 with a Beam Sensor to one of my props and I have to say this is one of the easiest things I have ever done. If I knew it was going to be that easy to add sound and motion to a prop I would have done it years ago. As far as Fright Props goes, these folks are great. Shipping was super fast! I had a question conserning the wiring of the beam sensor so I emailed them and got an answer within hours on a Saturday! I highly recommend the Picoboo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts