Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to purchase 5 or 6 pico projectors this year. I'm having a hard time finding one with the features we're looking for:

- Decent resolution (projecting bugs, though 1080p is not necessarily needed)
- Built-in hard drive OR ability to play SD/Micro SD cards
- Ability to run while plugged into the wall
- Auto power up when plugged in
- Ability to set up auto play when powered on

Bright is good, but it will be used in a dark hallway so it's not a deciding factor.

Looking to stay around $200.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya the P2J Jr will be great, it's native resolution is actually 1280x720, really high.

Or I have had my eyes on the AAXA LED Pico that is shipping soon, it will be great too, I've used aaxa products before for projects and they are great, and the $119 price point of this new model is attractive to me. Hope this helps

The next thing that springs to mind is Brookstone but that's at $299..

·
Registered
139 Posts
We're looking to purchase 5 or 6 pico projectors this year. I'm having a hard time finding one with the features we're looking for:

- Decent resolution (projecting bugs, though 1080p is not necessarily needed)
- Built-in hard drive OR ability to play SD/Micro SD cards
- Ability to run while plugged into the wall
- Auto power up when plugged in
- Ability to set up auto play when powered on

Bright is good, but it will be used in a dark hallway so it's not a deciding factor.

Looking to stay around $200.

Any recommendations?
For the auto-power on feature, you're going to need a projector with a 'physical' switch, meaning it will have to be a switch that's positively on not just a momentary switch to tell the internal electronics to turn it on. This would eliminate a lot of newer projectors plus the 3M pico where you have to push and hold the switch to power up. I have an older office projector that has this, and then the PT100 Optoma has this as well. So, power could be applied and the projector would come on.
To address the auto play, I'd get the Micca Spec player http://www.amazon.com/Micca-Speck-Full-HD-Portable-Digital/dp/B008NO9RRM
It can auto play video off a card, and auto loop. So the vid could be looping and then you should be able to apply power to the projector at will. The only other issue I see with this is that some projectors auto-seek for input while displaying a startup screen (sometimes blue or bright white). You won't want that in your haunt, so look for projectors that you can disable the startup or somehow lock the video input of your choice.

The more I think about this, the more I'd think for your specific application, you'd want a physical shutter or something that could trigger the projector beam. I think the auto on trigger applying AC to the projector is the hardest of your requirements to meet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts