Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the site. I need some help with an idea. I have two 1gallon pickling jars which I found at a thrift store. I plan to fill these up with a mixture of fluorescent pen ink and water which would be placed under a black light for glow effect. I would like to place some eyeballs or fingers or a hand in the jars. What would make good DIY parts for this idea? Thanks for the help. U

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
There's a great tutorial on here, for making eye balls from ping pong balls - just search for ping pong under the tutorial section - that should lead you to it!! Easy and cheap and VERY real looking!!!

oh, and WELCOME :D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I once saw Martha Stewart use a head of cauliflower...it looked like a brain!
People are also finding those toys(body parts) that grow in water from Dollar Tree stores where you might also find some of the bloody hands and feet they had this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check into the local dollarmart's and 99 Cent centers to see if they have those soaking props. In any case, I'm going to see if the cauliflower will suffice :)
Happy Haunting !

·
My Wonderland is in Ruins
660 Posts
You could make the water glow with some tonic water and neon food coloring. The tonic water should glow blue under black light, and just add some neon food coloring. :)

I love the little body parts that grow in water...but some of them take days to get big enough to look real. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts